Dive Boat Names

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaKris:
Do you have to do anything official when naming a boat. Do you register the name somewhere so that when youcall by boat name , other boaters and the COast Gaurd can cross your registraion number?
You don't HAVE to do anything. Just name it.

If you have a DSC radio, you would want to change the records associated with your
MMSI.

How about "bubble boat" ?
:wave-smil

if your going to rename a boat you can only call it "doomed" because it will probably race you to the bottom

I love the name of Dixie Divers boat in Ft. Lauderdale

Lady Go Diver

Chuck Tribolet:
You don't HAVE to do anything. Just name it.

If you have a DSC radio, you would want to change the records associated with your
MMSI.

Sorry I'm late on this reply, but this isn't completely correct. If the boat is just registered with your state, you don't have to do anything (at least for the West Coast states I'm familiar with). But if your boat is documented with the USCG, you do have to formally change the name with the National Vessel Documentation Center.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom