Sea Hunt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I watched Sea Hunt, and the other shows mentione above (along with Malibu Run), as a kid. I remember that Sea Hunt played on our local TV just after swim team practice, and we would got out of the practice, run upstairs in the YMCA in Salem, Oregon, and watch Sea Hunt until it was time to go home. (Actually, I cannot remember whether it was before practice or after, and thinking about it, it may have been before practice...its been a while since I thought about that.) But it was fun, and at only a half hour, it did not take much time away from things.

SeaRat

My favorite toy was a hard hat diver with a little billow pump so he looked like he was breathing under water. I did many a sat. dive in the bath tub as a wee lad in the 60's.

I guess there are many on this board that were influenced by television. I think it is safe to say that without shows like Seahunt there would not be a small percentage of the interest in scuba like there is now. I remember trying to talk my dad into letting me buy a second hand double hose regulator. He was a little dubious about it and thought it may not be the best reg to buy. It was a blue Voit 50 Fathom model with grey hoses. I convinced him by explaining that this model was the same one Mike Nelson used in Seahunt. Upon hearing that he relented and approved the purchase. I still have that little gem. Coolest regulator I own.

Your thread pulled up a distant memory!

uspap:
My favorite toy was a hard hat diver with a little billow pump so he looked like he was breathing under water. I did many a sat. dive in the bath tub as a wee lad in the 60's.

I was a religious watcher of Sea Hunt...Every Sat at 7pm! I even have an old video of Sea Hunt that I show to my dive classes. They get a big kick out of it.

Sea Hunt definately started me into diving.

Enjoyed the original and have them on DVD ...... love to show them to new divers so they can see how we started out back in the 60s . Didn't think to much of the remake of the SEA HUNT series shot in color durning the 80s ...... wasn't anywhere as good as the original.

We also used to run home from swim practice, still soaking wet and watching the great Mike Nelson in the time before color was bigger than life even on a 21 inch B&W TV.

DSCF0192.jpg

N

Greetings,
I also grew up watching Sea-Hunt and it is one of the reasons I am diving. My friend recently sent me a DVD with 4 episodes on it and it was so much fun to see them.

I know this is lame but my buddy and I still try to hum the Sea-Hunt theme song, as we don our equipment and get ready to dive. It is very hard to hum, but sounds better with a regulator in the mouth.

Regards
Mike

mkenwood:
Greetings,
I also grew up watching Sea-Hunt and it is one of the reasons I am diving. My friend recently sent me a DVD with 4 episodes on it and it was so much fun to see them.

I know this is lame but my buddy and I still try to hum the Sea-Hunt theme song, as we don our equipment and get ready to dive. It is very hard to hum, but sounds better with a regulator in the mouth.

Regards
Mike
I can relate to that. I drive a state patrol boat a lot and I always catch myself whistling the theme song from McHale's Navy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom