Tusa Xpert Zoom straps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jigster

Registered
Reaction score
Question for those of you who have the Xpert Zooms.

I just bought a pair of these two days ago and was able to try them out over the weekend where I noticed a problem I had with them. The adjustable straps kept loosening up on me. I pulled them tight over and over, but nonetheless after a few minutes the straps managde to loosen up again! The spring pressure on the adjustable bindings seem a bit light, but I don't have any to compare it to. This wasn't on just one fin, but both. Has anyone else ran into this same problem? If so, what is the cure, if any?

Other than this simple, but annoying problem, I am overly impressed with the fins compared to my buddy's Mares Avanti X3 (I think that is what the are...one step under the quatros?). I shot around with them for 2 hours straight in the water with no problems and against the current in the river for several minutes at a time with no fatigue...BTW, I haven't used fins since last year, so for me not to feel exhausted is impressive to say the least. My buddy with the Avanti's, OTOH, stated that he was feeling sore in his legs after the trip.

Thanks-jason

I also have the TUSA expert zoom fins, they should not loosen up while you wear them, make sure the release is down, if the problem continues, you should contact your LDS for a replacement. And yes, the fins are great.

I had the same problem with my Xpert Zoom fins when I first got mine. It turned out (as pchelp said) the release button was not pushed down all of the way.

Dear Friend,

I have the Zooms and I had the same problem. I got several helpfull hints from several people. Please feel free to look for that thread!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom