New Year's Day Dive 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JKSteger

D/M Wannabee ! ! !
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I wanted to start the Official "New Year's Day Dive 2007" thread. It's just over one month away and I wanted to go ahead and get some plans lined up for this year. The lake is way down this year but vis. is already looking good. The crowds have left the park and it's pretty much us divers out at West Bank Park.

I'm hopeing for a large group of divers and surface support personel this dive. Let's make it our largest yet. We invite anyone out to dive with us and/or eat with us. The fellowship and eating are as much a part of the New Year's Dive as the actuall diving so please come on out.

The best location is going to be "Mask" cove at West Bank Park. Here we have plenty of grills and tables to setup on. Everyone bring some food, side and a 2 liter drink. I will bring cups, ice, plates and utensils (sp?). Also if you are grilling you may want to bring a small bag of charcole.

Please remember that the air temps may be cold or warm but the water temps are going to be COLD (upper 40's/bottom 50's at best)! If you are planning on diving please be prepaired for Cold water. If diving wet I would not dive in anything short of a 7mil and a bibbed hood, 5mil gloves and boots. Believe me on this one from experience. Also bring a blanket, parka, whatever so when you get out you can stay warm too. Several of us will be diving dry too. And remember, for any Lake Lanier Looney Bird pledges, you have to dive a min. 20' for 20min for it to count as your official "New Year's Day Dive".

Let's all be safe and have fun at the dive.

BTW, who all are pledges this year? (i.e. It's your 1st Looney Birds New Year Day dive?)

To celebrate the New Year Jeremy has decided to forgo the dry suit and reenact his first New Years dive. I believe this was done in a 1 mm skin. He has graciously consented to do this for all the new Looney bird's so that they may see what a human popsicle looks like. I was not present for that dive but did have the pleasure of diving with him shortly after and his coloring was about the same as the drysuit in his avatar. I must say that he is one Looney bird who paid his dues.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone out there on New Years.

Alas, alas! I'll be 7,250 miles (plus or minus) away! And to think, I even have a drysuit!

You know, I just don't quite see myself missing you guys that much... :D

(I *would* really like to get some winter Lake Lanier diving in *sometime*, but spending a couple weeks visiting my significant buddy in Japan seems to have dibs on Christmas through January 11th.)

ClayJar,
Where are your priorities??? What's important in life??? I passed up on my honeymoon to get some dives in at Lanier...

Ok, so I lied and made that up. Have fun in Japan and we'll get some dives in again with you next year sometime.

BTW, who all are pledges this year? (i.e. It's your 1st Looney Birds New Year Day dive?)[/QUOTE]

ME ME ME I want to pledge this year!!!!

baydive20,
you still in PCB or back up in GA? Come on out, I'd love to dive with you again. Its not going to be quite the dives we did together back in September in PCB but we'll have fun.

Back in Ga!!! Just up the road from you in Newnan, so I'll need guidance on local diving!!!

Best Guidance:

Get a dry suit! :)

Welcome to the Loonies....

I thought to be a Looney Bird I'd go wet and cold the first time. Maybe just dive a skin and shorty. I like the color BLUE!!!

baydive20:
I thought to be a Looney Bird I'd go wet and cold the first time. Maybe just dive a skin and shorty. I like the color BLUE!!!

Yes, all of the Looney's first time was in a wetsuit. I dove it in a NeoSport 3/2! It was Blue and Black! Well, the suit was black but I was BLUE!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom