Creation vs. Evolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snowbear:
The Bible clearly says:
Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

ok, then call it a miracle and let's be done with it

Pug and that author guy are talking about Jupiter and the beauty of the stars and planets and a bunch of crap which is impossible, in order to explain what happened with the star in a scientific manner

say "it was a miracle" and that shuts me up

nothing i can say to that other than, "ok... you can certainly believe that"

and nicely proves my point that a God-system is outside of logic and proof, and should not be taught as science, which it is not...

it's just an incredible suspension of disbelief in otherwise smart people

H2Andy:
so the star hovered over Bethlehem while the Magi got there?

impossible.

read my post above.

the best answer is a supernova (not perfect, but the best answer)

but... alas... no supernova is recorded for that time frame...

thus, Christian apologists have to come up with Jupiter and retrogade and the house of blah blah blah to explain away a simple fact:

the star story is myth. it never happened.

a star can't come to a rest over any place (town or building). it's impossible.

and the Bible clearly says that the star came to rest:

Matthew 2:9 -- "...and lo, the star which they had seen in the East went before them, till it came to rest over the place where the child was."

here we have the star moving at will, to Bethlehem, and then stopping there

sorry, that's impossible

There is a really simple answer to this. It was a UFO! :D

H2Andy:
say "it was a miracle"

That's what I believe. The miraculous is often simply the as-yet-unexplainable. Electricity once seemed like magic.

Uh...just curious Andy...did you read the article? I have some more research and cross-referencing to do but it was really interesting. I read fast and based on the time between the original post and your first response...I don't think you read it.

Just curious. I'd like to hear your rebuttal of the actual points in the article, the historicity, the astrological cooincidences etc.

bwerb:
Uh...just curious Andy...did you read the article?

of course

i've also read my one and only source: the only Bible verse that describes how the star acted once the Magi got to Palestine

and what the Bible verse says contradicts all the crap in the article

call it a miracle, fine. end of discussion.

try to explain it with pseudo-scientific claptrap, i call b.s.

Of course it was a miracle! It's miraculous that the stars and planets would dance and move to align so impossibly perfectly and with such impossibly perfect timing to coincide with the equally miraculous virgin birth!

I actually enjoyed reading both the slowdance version Pug linked as well as Soggy's more mundane explanation. Either way, it's miraculous as well that the astronomers and scholars can come up with a scientific explanation for such an impossible series of 'coincidences' :D

in the end, you believe what you want to believe, of course, even if it contradicts the Bible

H2Andy:
it's just an incredible suspension of disbelief in otherwise smart people

I like that.. think i might use it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom