Local Dive Group

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey. I had this big plan to go to Coz but can't find anybody to go to Scubaclub, so I guess I'm here for the party. Can't wait to see ya, Wethoss

philmottrek99and02:
D,
Thanks for organizing this event. My regrets as I have other obligations planned already for that week.
Howard

Now Howard,
What could possibly be more important than diving and partying with us?

tom wicker:
I don’t drink much maybe a six pac a month but usually around New Years I’m doing the Bourbon Street crawl. I love to go over there to photograph street scenes and the Garden district. I was hoping for New York this year but that’s not looking to good unless some contracts come through. Where does everyone spend the New Years?

New York will just have to wait until after our diving and partying on Saturday, the 30th. You know you got to be there. You are the surf patrol right?:)

seadoggirl:
Hey. I had this big plan to go to Coz but can't find anybody to go to Scubaclub, so I guess I'm here for the party.

I am so glad you're going to be in town.

In the words of paulwall "Trying to get the good ol' boys organized is like herding cats."

So I guess it is going to be up to us ladies to get these guys organized.:)

So..I guess my plan would be to come down the 25th or 26th and stay through Saturday. I get the prior week with my daughter so that is my "Christmas" week.

I do plan on Morrison, Some ocean shore work, Oriskany (if I get some buds) Maybe another boat dive in Pensacola or PCB. If anyone would be interested in sharing..A boat rental in Marianna at Merrit's Mill Pond (79 divided ?) for a day where Jackson Blue and four or five other springs come into the mill pond. Those are just ideas..I am pretty flexible, I just want to DIVE!!!! A night dive or two would be awesome too!!

Look forward to seeing everyone but Howard...:wink:

If we could get 5 more people besides myself...we can go do the O' on Sea Scout in Pensacola with Captain Lloyd...!! I also would like to do some fishing possibly and I know someone named Seadoggirl who has photos of some nice ones..

denisegg:
We need some ideas on organizing a local dive group that can meet monthly and dive, dine or cook out, and camp for those who live too far to come and go in one day. We need a site that would be pretty much a sure thing every month, like a spring, etc. We also need dining or cooking and camping facilities. Throw out your suggestions on when, where, etc. and who would like to help organize this. Of course this would include divers in other areas who are willing to make the trip to L A or North Florida, whatever site we come up with.

Denise.

Since you are the originator of this thread, might I suggest you contact a MOD to have them change the title of this thread to something like "Local Dive Group - Alabama & Florida Panhandle" or Local Dive Group -Deep Dixie.

That way when it comes up under the "new posts" search it's more likely to attract folks from that area.... just an idea.

-Mike

I have just moved down here in Jan. And I am wanting to join a local dive group.To dive with.I live in the Foley area.And would appreciate the help to find people to dive with.

GulfDiver77:
I have just moved down here in Jan. And I am wanting to join a local dive group.To dive with.I live in the Foley area.And would appreciate the help to find people to dive with.

PM SupRBugman who's posted in this thread. He lives in or near Foley and can hook you up.

GulfDiver77:

Speaking of which, we are planning a get together on Saturday, December 30th for diving and dining in the Gulf Shores area. You are welcome to come so that you can meet the locals and find some new dive buddies. Stay tuned to this post for specifics as they progress. Hey, at least we have a date now. I'd say we are making progress!:)

Back
Top Bottom