How cool is this....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jon C

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Without ANY input from me, our company has planned this year's Christmas party at the Long Beach Aquarium!!!!:D :D :D (Time to head to Las Vegas and put everything on "Red".)

Apparently, they do those sorts of events there and we have reserved the "Cave" (?) for our party.

We get to go through the aquarium (in semi-formal attire) and then go to the dinner/ dance. I am a little apprehensive about this as I have never tried to dance in my fins.

I see several opportunities to get fired and divorced on this one...maybe at the same moment. Well, I can always get another job and wife, but when would I get another chance to jump in the shark tank wearing a suit/fins?

Might be signing up for the "Single Divers" group in January....:11doh:

Jon

Jon C:
I see several opportunities to get fired and divorced on this one...maybe at the same moment. Well, I can always get another job and wife, but when would I get another chance to jump in the shark tank wearing a suit/fins?

Might be signing up for the "Single Divers" group in January....:11doh:

Jon

Here's a plan - take your boss and your wife into the shark tank with you for an 'Exploration Dive'. You may be able to avoid a divorce and keep your job. :wink: And remember, you don't have to be a fast swimmer - just faster than your buddies. :eyebrow:

Rishidian:
Here's a plan - take your boss and your wife into the shark tank with you for an 'Exploration Dive'. You may be able to avoid a divorce and keep your job. :wink: And remember, you don't have to be a fast swimmer - just faster than your buddies. :eyebrow:
"Stay in the middle" is always a nice defence against agressive animals, huh?

Well, there seems to be a "male" consensus on how to solve my problem...

In case these ideas don't work out, is there also an "Unemployed Diver" group or is that just the same as the "Divemaster" club?:D

I know the DSO at that aquarium and I think he'd suggest sending your wife & boss into the GPO tank (together) instead of the shark tank, while you shuffle around in your fins and tux...

To quote (another DSO) "You can just imagine the what if scenarios that have been going around
-- my favorite involves the reg being ripped out, a leg or two down the
ol' pipe and then removal of organs by a very angry octopus!!"

Actually - that sounds like a great place for a Christmas party. Then again, anything sounds better than Boston right now - @ 26 degrees F...

John

sounds like a fun Christmas Party. Hope you are able to have Happy Holidays after it :)

Back
Top Bottom