red sail sports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Airtecnj

Reaction score
does anybody have information on red sail sports on there web site they mention they use aluminum 72 tanks do they rent larger tanks

Airtecnj:
does anybody have information on red sail sports on there web site they mention they use aluminum 72 tanks do they rent larger tanks

I dive with them every year and they are a first rate outfit. Not the least expensive on the island but run great trips, especially on the N. Wall.. Most of the operators in Grand C use 72s off of the recreational boats. Typically for the profiles they allow you to do (quite conservative) you will have more than enough gas unless you are a proverbial air hog:D I don't know if Red Sail rents larger tanks. However; I do know that DiveTec will rent 100cf tanks for around 12.00 for air and I believe around 18.00 for 32%. DiveTec also has great technical rentals, doubles, etc. as well.

Good luck.

I didn't think they were overly conservative. I went to Grand Cayman 2 years ago and on a Royal Carib. cruise and Red Sail was the charter. I had just returned to diving after a 9 year hiatus and had a couple dives under my belt and the first dive we did was around 105 feet in Big Holes (at that time I was just OW). It was great and they were definitely a great team to work with. They didn't have small enough fins for one of the women and a jet-ski met us at the dive site just as we arrived witht he proper size. I take time to equalize my ears and they sent in a dive master with me and another diver to let us have plenty of time to equalize and enjoy the dive without getting left behind. I have heard that they are known for cattle boats but I did not have this experience. The diving and crew were great but the most memorable part was that someone's pet cockatoo must have gotten free and it landed on the boat and was hoping from person to person and we couldn't stop laughing.

Red Sail sold off their last stocks of AL 80s to standardize with 72s. They have a few smaller 50s primarily used for pool training.

VinceDS:
I dive with them every year and they are a first rate outfit. Not the least expensive on the island but run great trips, especially on the N. Wall.. Most of the operators in Grand C use 72s off of the recreational boats. Typically for the profiles they allow you to do (quite conservative) you will have more than enough gas unless you are a proverbial air hog:D I don't know if Red Sail rents larger tanks. However; I do know that DiveTec will rent 100cf tanks for around 12.00 for air and I believe around 18.00 for 32%. DiveTec also has great technical rentals, doubles, etc. as well.

Good luck.

Not true regarding most operators using 72cf tanks.....
Almost all operators in Grand Cayman use Aluminium 80's.
Red Sail and maybe Sunset House? are the only operations I am aware of that use the smaller 72's.

CJ

Peter Milburn used to use 72s but he sold a lot off recently. Is he still operating?

I agree with CJ! Most operators on GC use 80's. Except for the larger operations that take out big groups.
Casey

CJ's:
Not true regarding most operators using 72cf tanks.....
Almost all operators in Grand Cayman use Aluminium 80's.
Red Sail and maybe Sunset House? are the only operations I am aware of that use the smaller 72's.

CJ

I stand corrected then, especially since you are from Grand Cayman:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom