Important; everyone needs to read this one

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You'll be needing to change that now.

R

sandshaker:
> > The machine will still give you the money you requested, but unknown >to
> >the robber,
> > the police will be immediately dispatched to help you.
> >
> > This information was recently broadcasted on TV and it states that it >is
> >seldom used
> > because people don't know it exists.
> >
> > Please pass this along to everyone possible.
Dont pass this along cause it's BS. I'm a cop.

First, a robbers seldom ask you to enter your pin number. They typically grab you after you've made your withdrawl.

Secondly even if this system existed, it would be inefective. A message would have to flash on some operator's screen that a robbery was occuring at a particular ATM. The operator then has to determine what police agency has to be notifed, and then call them. The information then had to be relayed to the police call takers who then have to enter it into the computer, so the dispatcher can put it over the air, and the nearest parol unit can respond. By the time the patrol unit gets there, your assailant will be in the next county.

Just be aware of your surroundings when making a withdrawl, and dont visit sketchy ATM's.

Ahhh, i really liked this story as well.

Disalusioned now.

Diving Doc:
Ahhh, i really liked this story as well.

Disalusioned now.

It's ok Doc, just because it isn't true doesn't mean you can't believe :D
Ber :lilbunny:

I'm one who uses SNOPES all the time. If it sounds too good or too bad I'll head to SNOPES. This, after I learned the hard way and years ago that there's more myth than truth that flys around the web. I have been, on a couple of rare occassions, pleasantly surprised to find the rumor true.

Everyone should spend time on SNOPES just for the pure entertainment!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom