Diving while on an alkaline/candidace free Diet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quest

Reaction score
I have been on an organic, alkaline, yeast/fungi free, toxin/pestacide free, colon cleanse, anti flamatory, antihystamine, candidace free, raw foods diet for the last 6 months.

The diet focuses alot on micronutrients, blood chemistry including PH levels etc.

A good example of the diet would be called "PH Miracle Diet".,

I was wondering how such a diet might affect my chances of developing DCS or other diving related ailments.

The short answer is "No One Knows"

Generally, balanced diets with generous fruit and vegetable intake are thought to be better than your basic "beer and Pizza" diet, with tequila for dessert.

No one knows what the benefit or adverse effect of the diet you describe would be. It might be wise, particularly with attempts a colon cleansing and pH shifting, to get a check of your electrolytes and blood chemistries prior to diving.
Some cleansing regimens can throw essential electrolyte levels off, and these could present serious risk.

Check with your doc.
John

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom