New Year's Day Dive 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverBraz:
OK, Got my Tank and was getting everything together when Disaster Struck.

The Oceanic Dive Computer was out. I turned it on, nothing. I opened it up to look and it seems that the battery may have corroded or maybe some water got in and guncked it up.

Even after I clean it out and everything is fine I'm still out a battery, On Sunday, ON New Years Eve.

I still plan on going but if anybody has an extra battery or at least a depth gauge / Psi indicator I can connect to please bring one. If not I'll only be joining you for the camaraderie on the sidelines.

Braz
Learning the hard way so I only have to learn Once.

Divers Supply is open in Marietta till 5 oclock, call before you come to make sure we did not close early call 770-419-1976

Braz,

I checked and I have an extra battery. It's a Saft 3.6v and it checks out at 3.67v.

the K-cell Battery

Braz, I'll bring my spare regulator with depth, BT and pressure. I have a hocky puck computer, but it is DOA as to battery...

Man Talk about a save a Dive Box/Bag.

Hey JC thanks for the info, but impossible to have been able to make it over.

Save me some Stew.....

Braz

JCDdiver:
Are they affraid they'll get wet? :D

Nah, nothing like that. They are both non-divers, my spouse and an 8yo knothead. She just doesn't see the fun in standing around in the cold watching the water.

Hey, ScubaPT,

I'll have a 12x12 tent set up with a vestibule.

There will be a propane heater inside to keep those that need it warmed up.

the K

Braz. You are covered, if the other stuff does not work, ie if all else fails... I have an extra set-up for you. Don't think you can get out of it that easy.

K. I have the bread etc. I am bringing a coffee pot too.

The weather should be ok

Ok.. back to the festivities

I should have made plans to come up and dive with you Loonies. Vortex decided to enforce the "everybody out of the pool by midnight" rule this year. Our local dive club had done a "dive in the New Year" midnight dive for the last two years. The club canceled the dive at the last minute this year due to the rule enforcement :shakehead .

Have a great dive and a Happy New Year!

Back
Top Bottom