How deep have you gone and why ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

180 fsw bounce , it was actually planned to be a 160 fsw bounce but we followed a LARGE turtle down a bit deeper. Very stupid and very very freaking narced. Since then i decided to get more training , all still in work.

86 is as deep as I've been. We were exploring a beautiful and huge reef in Cozumel and following a nurse shark that was swimming along a few feet under us.

I've been down to 34m (about 112 ft) and it was a training dive. Personally I'm happy diving at between 18 and 25m. Plenty of interesting things to see at that dept.

Rob

Deepest coldwater dive was 180ft on a night dive here at home. Found some excellent topography and followed it down, but didn't make bottom. Have been looking for it since, by day, and no luck!

Warmwater diving means deeper and longer:

223ft at Cabo Marshall - downcurrent!
177ft at Ngemelis to see the ledge.
211ft at Sha'ab Rumi to watch the sharks.
203ft in Aqaba to see that lovely Gorgonia fan.
175ft in the hold of the SF Maru.
161ft on Blackjack.
177ft on Numidia.

Average depth for all dives done is 80ft. Diving deep should serve a purpose. Just going there only serves to "dive up" towards a deeper objective, eg we have a 151ft Sub. here at home that we won't dive unless we have done a series of work-up dives to 165ft.

At those depths we use Eanx 21 with a lotta respect ...

Seadeuce

114 feet on my 4th dive or so. The reason? I really wanted to touch the bottom of the pool.

The deepest I have been was 73 Ft. in a qaurry on my check out dive. I plan to go deeper when I have more trainign and something to look at. I have been diving since the just to 50 or so feet each time. I have had no need to go any deeper or an desire to.

Been to 152, looking (and finding) a school of hammerheads in La Paz. I was supposed to go with a DM but as we started going down from 110 another diver had an issue. I was a bad buddy and did not check to see where he was, and a minute or so later I was at 150ish alone. Mr. hammerhead came right at me (i was breathing very, very slowly, barely moving, just hoovering, and my reg was stuttering), and when he got too close for comfort I exhaled and he veered away.. of course I had no redundant air and my 'puter was yelling at me. I made a 1 -2 minute stop at 90, and rejoined the group at 60 or so. we all went up (and I ended up holding on to a new diver who's buoyancy sucked and I helped him to not rocket up). back at the surface I had 1000psi left (started with 2900). divetime was 28 minutes.
although it was a stupid thing to do I felt very relaxed the whole dive (except when the diver I was trying to prevent from killing himself was thrashing around) and did not feel very narced. I've been more narced on 80ft dives. I was well rested and hydrated.
my reg was serviced a couple of weeks before and had been working fine it was probably working outside of its limits.
I've decided to maximize the amount of learning I can extract from any given action, whether it is a stupid one or a smart one. as such I have purchased a stage kit/bottle/reg as a result of that dive. I also am now doing a rec trimix course.

114 for me as well in the Sea of Cortez. It was my fourteenth dive or so. I felt very slightly nervous at first, then exhilarated. I enjoyed the thrill and quickly became comfortable. I never felt impaired. I continuously ran contingency plans through my head, just in case. Plus, I was with a very experienced guide. I look forward to diving to that depth in the future, but I would like to get Nitrox certified first to be able to spend a little more time there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom