best deal on steel 100 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cra2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
where's the best deal on a steel 100?
preferrably locally in Orlando.
but I'll listen to anything.
thanks

smatterchu:
My DH will be interested in the answer to this one.....and Orlando area would also be preferable for us....

what's a DH?

I have purchased a couple of tanks from divesales.com they have free shipping and their prices are the cheapest I could find. You also might want to check out Scubatoys.com they offer a discount to Scubaboard members.

Try your LDS , mine got me my X7-100's for the same price they are normally sold online.

After some talking on my part, $280 for a X7 100 at my LDS (I have purchased most/all of my gear there) .. might be worth it for you to talk to yours and see what comes of it

CMAN:
I have purchased a couple of tanks from divesales.com they have free shipping and their prices are the cheapest I could find. You also might want to check out Scubatoys.com they offer a discount to Scubaboard members.

I too have purchased a couple tanks from divesales.com little over a year ago with no problem. This past October I got a great deal from Spruce Creek Scuba in Port Orange just south of Daytona. Faber steel 108's, filled, VIP sticker, and Nitrox sticker for $225 +tax.

HP steels seem the way to go. The new Gander Mountain store in Lake Mary has a Diver's Direct in it. They have Faber FX-100. I got a FX-80 there for my daughter and they took 10% off an already low price when I asked for a Diver's Direct Discount.

The prices on LP tanks and Worthingtons are kind of up and down right now. Try Kissimmee pro dive for Worthington HP-100, as my buddy shopped and got two there. For LP's, call TJ at Dayo Scuba. He may be able to get HP's, too.

The prices are good when dealers compete. There is plenty of dive gear for sale in Orlando, and I've never had to go out of town to get a good deal.

Happy Diving!

If I can help anyone with tanks let me know. I will do what I can to help on new tanks.

Brent

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom