reg suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

King_Neptune
I did not mean to cause offense by my comments. What I meant was that all of the commercial manufacturers of regulators will say that theirs is the best or at the very least suitable for the purpose of recreational diving. When first looking to buy equipment you have to rely on peoples personal opinions of their experiences with that piece of equipment and that is what I think is being posted on this message board.(peoples personal opinions of their experience, as was my message).

2$hort,
Here is what you are asking for.
IMHO ( which means a lot) IF these dealers are in your area, these are the ones to go with. Scuba Pro MK20/G250,
or The Apeks DS4/TX50 these are the best on the market. If you want you can ask any of the Navy Divers on this forum.

Whatever you get make sure it is a sealed 1st stage, diving in cold water, you will need it.

I'm sure there are others but IMHO these are the best.

This ya hafta know

Don,
Yes the brands are in fact the best but the models are not. The Mk20/G600 and the TX100 is where the sweetness is at!

Mario
jump.gif

sealed first stage? is this the gel that they put in it?
i could be stating this wrong...

Can someone take to apex homepage/or good reviews?
And also what do you think of atomic aquatics regs?
thanxs all

Keep in mind that Atomic Aquatics regs are designed by the same guys that designed ScubaPro regs back in the day. Their real cool, but real pricey. The Titanium parts are virtually useless unless you live in an environment where you didn't have the option of overhauling them for a few years at a time. Such lengths void any manufacturer warrenties so try not to do that.

http://www.sea-quest.com/pages/regs/reg_apeks.html
http://www.apeks.co.uk/

Not all regualtor systems use a gel system, in fact I hate how messy the gel's get, it's a nightmare for most repair technicians.

The SeaQuest site will tell you all you need to know about the regulators. If you have the cash the TX100 is the way to go.

Mario :D

Many experiences, opinions and views. I agree that you need to buy whatever you can get serviced/parts for locally. This should probably be your top concern!
Atomic Aquatics is a good reg. (Breathes great down deep, resistant to corrosion, 2nd stage seat relief when not in use.) Sherwood Maximus is also a good reg. (Breathes great down to around 190', extrememly resistant to corrosion with it's dry sealed first stage, 2nd stage seat relief when not in use. The underarm hose is wonderful and the first stage is practically indestructible! The Sherwood requires very little maintenance and will be good for ANY temperatures you will ever encounter without any add-ons. Good luck with your decision.
Norm

i sent an e-mail off to the dive shop asking about apeks tx100 1st&2nd stages.
i know thats what he uses [apeks],so i'm thinking that he has parts/service them.but i think its better that i get more detaiols first[from him].
As for atomics,i'm thinking that it might not be the best choice with servceabilty in my area.althought he is thinking about becomeing a dealer.

The maxamus is another choice.which is his #1 seller which says sumthing.

hopeing this will buy will last me a long time so want to buy good/great stuff.
with the help from all ya,i think i will suceed.

a little off subject[titanic and back]......
soft weight or formed?
i got the oms bc with iq pac....and pouches for soft weight.
also warranty on the b.c.d?

thanxs all

Mario,
I agree the TX100 and the G500 are both great regs, but (you knew this was coming didn't you) the G250 & TX100 are the "Workhorse" of their respective brands.
But then again any regulator from these two companies is a winner IMHO. They are proven designs with a long history behind them. If you check out any of the technical divers equipment. Majority of them use these 2 brands.

This ya need to know

Don

so are u saying there alittle much for rec divng?

r there any Canadian diver in here?

2$hort,
Most "technical" diving is recreational diving , kinda like extreme sports. What I'm saying is they demand the best.
IMHO you can't have "too much" for rec. diving.

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom