PADI card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My husband was PADI certified in 1981 or 1982 and had also lost his card. In 1999 we were planning a trip to Cozumel for the first time as a couple and he had in fact lost his card. I was able to call PADI and they were able to look up his cert on microphish. They gave me his number over the phone and all we had to do was take his picture and mail in our request. And yes, I have never been to a dive shop in Coz that doesn't require a C-card.

Happy Diving to ya!
ScubaLadee

"Once that is accomplished, get into a refresher course and sign up for a Rescue class. Refresh your memory on skills then build some new ones. It's a great way to get back into diving."

JMSDIVER, a person certified through PADI cannot take a Rescue Diver class without first having proof of Open Water AND Advanced course completion.

Given that this individual has not dove in quite some time, it is adviseable that they get re-certified at the open water level and see how it progresses from there.

"I do have my original manual and dive charts etc to review prior to going."

TMKETA, the original manual from 15 years ago and whatever dive charts accompanying them is useless. All the data has been revised several times since then. Again, I strongly suggest you get re-certified at the open water level. It's a matter of your SAFETY, not saving time or effort!

~SubMariner~

for your own good do a refresher course.
15 years is a long time. All those manuals/tables are useless from 15 yrs ago.
Worse still you could be a liability to your buddy.

I agree with SubMariner...get re-certified. You've been out of the water a long time, and probably lost most of the basic skills. If there is a dive shop nearby, do your classroom work and confined water there. It will get you familiar with the gear and sharpen all those "nasty" skills. Then arrange to do your open water dives in Cozmel by referral if you want.

You do need to take a new course, but your manuals and tables from 15 years ago are not useless. Except for the fact that your old text doesn't mention dive computers, or safety stops, the old text you have is in no way inferior to the current text. PADI has switched from the US Navy Tables to their own RDP, but if you merely adjust your NDL's down, the Navy tables are actually more conservative than the RDP. If you are looking for more bottom time, get the RDP, if you are wanting more safety, use Navy tables with adjusted NDL's.

WWW™

Thank You Walter.
I did check w/PADI and you are the only one that is correct!
The tables are correct still!
I guess just because some of the people here have umpteen posts, that doesn’t mean you should listen to their advice.
All the new fangled computers are based on the facts off the old dive tables with some handy options thrown in.
I also just took a long hard look at new equipment.
The main differences that I saw were increased prices and decreased materials IE: plastic.
I am at least as concerned if not more than anyone out there about safety, for myself and anyone around me.
That is why I am doing this research prior to putting my big toe in the water.
Everyone keeps saying take a refresher course. Please refer back to my original comments. I intend too.

I am happy to hear they were able to help you out. Good luck in your Cozumel adventures and welcome back to diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom