RICHinNC's month on an island...just taken away

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC:
UPDATE......UPDATE..........UPDATE...........

My adjustor made the decision it was repairable. Gonna cost a mint, but repairable. I was really not happy. I dont want a wrecked truck and that other guy that BR had his truck/car fixed in my book is just lucky.

Bottom line......adjustor called me back after she told me the news and we talked and she knew how I felt and her bosses decided to go ahead and total the dang thing. She appraised it at a price just over what I paid for it.....(pays to haggle)... so I am going truck hunting this weekend. Woo hoo......

Rich glad it worked out for you. Maybe go back to the same dealer as before and they will give you a frequent buyer discount! :D

Good for you!

BTW, with a good shop it's not luck, hubby's shop has done more than one of these ground up re-builds over the last few years and they ARE a new vehicle with some original parts. It's a factory frame and factory parts, some came from the owners original vehicle and the replacements for the damaged ones came from the factory. You really do need a shop that knows what they're doing to pull it off though, his guys have 15-20 years of body shop experience and the right tools which makes a difference. A shop without an oven to bake the paint on won't get the factory results..it's an incredibly expensive piece of equipment and not all shops have one.

Anyway, I'm glad things worked out well for you! Making the customer happy is the best move in the long run.
Ber :lilbunny:

I have heard and experienced that new vehicle that gets creamed you may be better off. The adjusters seem to be more inclined to truly make you whole rather than just get by.

I got clobbered in a car only a few weeks old, other person 100% at fault. He had the same insurance company too. They seemed happy to jump through hoops for me and charge it all to their other customer...

Great news. I hope this accident doesn't count against you though.

My wife's HIghlander was just repaired after being hit twice from behind. She was puched into the car in front of her, so they had both ends to deal with. David Maus Toyota's body shop works miracles. You can not tell it was in an accident. Not under the hood, and not under the frame. Truly remarkable.

Damselfish:
I have heard and experienced that new vehicle that gets creamed you may be better off. The adjusters seem to be more inclined to truly make you whole rather than just get by.

I got clobbered in a car only a few weeks old, other person 100% at fault. He had the same insurance company too. They seemed happy to jump through hoops for me and charge it all to their other customer...

Same here - we have Erie Insurance and our van was hit by another person with the same insurance company. Everything was fixed fairly and our out of pocket was zero.

Dont know if anyone is still following this thread....but......nothing was counted against me....I got more money that I paid for the truck....pays to haggle....and I got an 07with more options for less than I paid for the first truck....really pays to haggle.

and yes....my month is back on woohoo

Glad to hear you are back up and running, when can I see this new Truck?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom