Non-diving spouse coming with me.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loudives:
Toro,
Take the Mrs. to Columbia Shallows!!!!!!! You may be able to swing a deal with the dive operator to do the surface interval at the far south beach club and meet the wife there. This way she won't have to spend an hour bobbing in the boat while you do the first dive.

She has already mandated one morning for me to take her snorkling. I want to be able to dive, then snorkel with her during the SI. Where is the Columbia Shallows?

Toro:
She has already mandated one morning for me to take her snorkling. I want to be able to dive, then snorkel with her during the SI. Where is the Columbia Shallows?
Columbia Shallows is near the southern tip of the island.

Excerpt from CozumelInsider.com
Columbia Shallows
Depth: 15' - 35'
Skill level: Novice To go any deeper one needs a shovel. This is the perfect dive for photographers wanting maximum bottom time. This seemingly never ending sea garden is a popular second dive full of schooling snapper and grunts. Barracuda lurk around divers as they concentrate on the colorful reef fish that populate the site.

loudives:
Toro,
Take the Mrs. to Columbia Shallows!!!!!!! You may be able to swing a deal with the dive operator to do the surface interval at the far south beach club and meet the wife there. This way she won't have to spend an hour bobbing in the boat while you do the first dive.
Hey guys. I go out on the boat with my husband and snorkel above the divers. I take a float and the boat captain stays near me. Its fun. Usually expect to pay 20 to 40 dollars to ride along and snorkel. I got away with the 20 bucks one time because it was a last min decision, I had all my own gear and there was a seat open on the boat. Well worth it to me! Then we go to a place to snorkel during SI. And then I can snorkel above on the second dive as well. Granted the first and last reefs can be pretty deep and not as much to see but it is still fun to watch the divers and sometimes there are fish up near me as well. Even if I am not snorkeling I like being out on the boat. Its pretty, its peaceful and its Cozumel. What more could you want? :D

We did that a few times in Curacao but they were much shallower dives and some were even shore dives. That worked out very well.

Something dry for y'all to do, if you haven't been to the archeological sites, San Gervasio is really a nice late period site. No large impressive temples, but a very interesting and educational way to spend a couple of hours together. Unless she's creeped by lizzards, there's gobbs of 'em there!

Breakfast at the Museum is always a must for my wife and I on a off-diving day, it's kind of romatic on the second story deck having breakfast with the locals. The museum is pretty cool it's self, go downstairs and to the back of the building, there's a mayan house back there and an older gentleman that tells you about the daily mayan way of life, I stop in and see him every 2nd or 3rd trip for a "refresher course"

Taking the ferry to Playa del Carmen for some shopping and people watching is a good afternoon to spend together also. It breaks up the scenery and gives a different perspective on the channel.

just tryin' to help brother!

We will definitely do the breakfast at the museum. Marianne really enjoyed Coba and Tulum last year when we stayed in Akumal so I will ask her about the ruins. I enjoy Cozumel a lot more then Playa del Carmen so I may forget to mention that one.
Thanks, Sharky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom