Celebrity Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And Robin Williams. There was a cool special on dolphins a couple of years ago and he was diving with them. I was impressed with his spot on bouyancy control as he held place in a T position while the dolphins came by and pushed on his outstretched hands, spinning him around.
Ok, so I get to see so few people with good control that I really enjoy it when I see it.

Thalassamania:
Actually I have met Shatner and dove with him. While I don't know him well I found him to be really funny and rather self-deprecating. I will say that he does not suffer fools gladly and gets tired of having to be “Kirk” and “on” all the time. But I suspect that most people would feel the same way.

I think he's having fun now being ..."Denny Crane"

TheHobster:
I think he's having fun now being ..."Denny Crane"
I suppose, don't know and wouldn't venture to guess since I don't have a television that is connected to the outside world.

now you all know Salma Hayek and Jessica Alba dive and you are looking for someone else? You have to be kiddin me, right?

I don't care. Just because they are celebrities??? UGH!!!

sambolino44:
OK, this is great. Thanks again for all your input. But now it just makes me want more. MORE! How about pictures? I searched and searched, but haven't yet found a picture of Jimmy Carter in dive gear. That would be cool.

Also, I started thinking about famous people who seem like they probably are/were divers. I wonder if Saddam Hussein dove? Or how about Nelson Mandela, or the Dalai Lama? I don't think Bill Clinton would be a diver because that would mean a whole hour of not being able to talk. I bet Kofi Annan is a diver. And Jesse Ventura, Navy SEAL and all. Arnold Schwarzeneger? Probably.

But if anybody can provide pictures, that would be great!

One of Kofi Annan’s closest advisors, John Ruggie, is apparently an avid diver....:D No pics though.

drbill:
I still prefer Salma Hayek... a bit older, more mature. My kind of woman! And she just lives across the Channel ("26 Miles Away...").
Then I guess some of us must really be older as I’d be very happy to spend a week offshore with Lauren Hutton as a dive buddy.

No James Bond fans here?

I didn't see Sean Connery on any lists, but I think he did a lot of his own diving in the Bond movies.

Don't know his current status.

The Governor of Alabama - Bob Riley - is a diver and has helped us along with legislation concerning our ability to recover artifacts.

HooAh! Bob - You took the oath for another four years today - congratulations mano!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom