Bad weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
Oh man... the weather here sucks.. its only 63 out and gettin up to 82.. I dont know if I can take it!

:no not nice Colin!!!! You waaaaaaaaay suck!

So at 10am there were 25 car crashes in the area... Exciting, wooo... yay me..

I ended up not going to Lockhart after all, the road just looked to wicked to risk my halo slipping. It was quiet the experience though seeing icicles hanging all over my truck. It also looked like someone dumped about 10 gallons of slushy on my truck and the door made a terrible sound when I opened them (frozen shut). I'm finally back at home once again enjoying the heater. I can't believe it's going to get colder and ickier later today... Currently the bank thingy said it was 26f
This weather is insane!

Don't know about any of you but, us Conchs freeze easy and hate weather that prohibits us from diving daily!!!!!!!!!!

Richesb:
Don't know about any of you but, us Conchs freeze easy and hate weather that prohibits us from diving daily!!!!!!!!!!
I can’t believe it took me 50 years of living in the Midwest from Texas to Wyoming before I smartened up and moved to Florida. And I was complaining I forgot to take a jacket with me on the motorcycle today and was getting chilly after the sun went down.

Wipe down all the rubber gaskets on your car doors with Armorall (or some of your silicone spray from your dive bag), and spray all your hinges and inside your locks with silicone lube and it will help keep the ice from sticking your doors or tearing up the gaskets. You can also use it on your wiper blades so the ice doesn’t build up so fast there either.

Glad you didn’t have to deal with the amateur ice drivers on the roads down there today – and don’t play Frisbee with your halo on icy days or you’ll fall and bust your butt.
fressbie.gif

:( :( I miss Florida :( :(

Very cold!

Attachments

• ice.jpg
    ice.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 19
  • snow.jpg
    snow.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 20
  • jessi.jpg
    jessi.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 23
baitedstorm:
Very cold!
A friend of mine in Houston even called complaining about the cold there today, and my business partner in Fort Collins told me to shut up because it was 10 below when he fed the horses this morning. Now, is that red coat DIR?

Are you eating that chunk of ice?

Tips from Ohio:
Don't eat yellow snow.
Eating ice/snow off of the car is ok as long as you don't eat the part that was touching the car...never know what kind of dirt/bugs are caught up in it.
Never lick snow directly off of a vehicle, your tongue WILL stick to any metal it comes in contact with. Nothing is more frustrating than having your tongue stuck to the side of a pickup truck...at night...where nobody is around to help you (I know this for a fact).

We've had a great winter here in Ohio, it's been warm! It rained all weekend but no ice!
Ber :lilbunny:

Ber Rabbit:
Are you eating that chunk of ice?

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: No yellow ice :rofl3:

That is a picture of my 10 year old daughter (aka Mini-me)... I'm so glad all that stuff has started to thaw!!.brrrrrr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom