Dive Insurance for japan residents

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So, I got an answer! And what's even better, it's the one most of us wanted I think. We can all go and join soldave...

Please join online at www.daneurope.org

Europeans are eligible to join DAN Europe regardless of where they live
or dive

Rgds

Mauro Poli MS
DAN EUROPE
Operations Headquarters
Communications Department

I recognise the person's name as being the same one who replied to me in June... anyway, I will be joining DAN Europe soon and letting my DAN Japan membership expire unless there is something obvious I have missed (quite possible, since I can't read any of the DAN Japan materials!)

Geoff_H:
So, I got an answer! And what's even better, it's the one most of us wanted I think. We can all go and join soldave...

I recognise the person's name as being the same one who replied to me in June... anyway, I will be joining DAN Europe soon and letting my DAN Japan membership expire unless there is something obvious I have missed (quite possible, since I can't read any of the DAN Japan materials!)

Well, for one thing, you'll be missing out on the DAN Japan periodical...so you'll have less scrap paper in your apartment...

And I just got a response from the Austraila office.

You are fine to join with us via our online sign up site (details of website
below). Anybody who is a national of Japan can join with DAN Japan, however
non-nationals would find it very difficult to join in which case if they are
a National of the Asia-Pacific region they would need to join with us.

same thing. However, this is for DAN membership, not the insurance....

So why did the USA office tell us different info from the Asia-Pac and EU sites? Hmmmm....

DAN America's coverage is based on residence and not on citizenship.
People residing in North, Central and South America are able to purchase
Membership and Insurance with DAN America. The coverage is then
worldwide.

So it would seem that citizens of the EU or Asia-Pac, have the option of joining DAN Japan or DAN EU/AP -- this is nice as you can then look at the differences and choose the one that you prefer for you own situation. Those of us who are citizens of North or South America are screwed - DAN Japan is the only choice.

Thats too bad, as the DAN coverage is not uniform globally...

They've definitely changed but I wonder if PADI Japan recognise it for instructor insurance like Europe does?

When you join DAN Japan, do they send you all the literature in Japanese? or is there an option to recieve the info in English? Also, I know DAN america has some alert magazine.... what about here?

Cheers

All the documents I have from DAN Japan are just in Japanese. I doubt there is an English option, although there is a English sign up form on their website.

Back
Top Bottom