Oceanic VEO 180 Dive Comp. Good? Bad? Anybody?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just call them up. I second Don's opinion on Oceanic PDC. I have the veo 200. I'm in the market for a second but unfortunately it may not be Oceanic ONLY because they do not yet have one that does helium mixes. I'll still use my veo as a backup.

Guys are just big kids. He with the most toys wins. Seriously though. Once you get into diving to the point where alot of us are you see the need for redundant systems at times. Personally I dive solo alot and am making the transition to technical so back up everything is just part of it. I see by your profile you dive a cochran captain. Oceanic has a trade in program but if it was me I'd keep the captain as a backup. Nice unit.

It is a great little 'puter, but won't do Nitrox....Does the trade in come from Oceanic or Scubatoys?

I got one myself one just a week or two ago. I haven't had a chance to use it, but so far I really like the interface. Nice big display, well organized and easy to read. It does Nitrox up to 50%. A single button interface is a bit cumbersome when changing settings, but you don't have to do it often so it doesn't matter much. It has all the features that you would care about. I was at first looking at Neo 100NX model, but that one does not have backlight and sound warnings. The console has a good, functional design and looks pretty. You can easily add a compass to it if you desire.

I got mine from LP. I lucked out, they were selling it on Ebay (LP runs an Ebay store called 'Scuba-Equipment') for $230 at the time so I emailed them and they matched the price. I just checked and the Ebay price is now the same as the one on their web site, they must have wised up. :)

If you can get ScubaToys to match the LP price, you should definitely get it there. They are authorized Oceanic dealer (LP is not) and have great customer service.

Senad

If Larry is lurking here. pm me!!! I need to see if what Don said is true.
Just dial 1-877-728-2243, ask for Larry, tell him what the price on LP is, and see what happens.

Then ask about the cable. When I bought mine there, it was $75 - $50 if you bought your computer there. LP is $75 Btw.

Scuba-Jay:
I just picked up the veo (250?) last week as part of a new oceanic package. I dive an atmos 2 but ill be using this as a backup.....
Same PDC probly, same manual, etc.

CheddarChick:
It is a great little 'puter, but won't do Nitrox....Does the trade in come from Oceanic or Scubatoys?
I doubt the trade-in is a good idea. Keep it for back-up, then you'll have two PDCs and be one of the guys, sorta' :D

Just what I want to be...one of the boys....
Hey Larry is working at the paint ball place now so I talked to someone else...They are working on it...

Sorta... :D

Call Larry later. Keep trying. LP does have a good price to beat. Let us know.

I'd like to know if ScubaToys matches the LeisurePro price. If they do, please post it. That will get them more of my business!

Rick at scubatoys said they would match the price!!!!

CheddarChick:
Rick at scubatoys said they would match the price!!!!
party-smiley-020.gif

I love it when I am right...!
Great news! Glad they came thru for ya. :D

I'm kinda surprised they didn't throw someting in extra, too - but you didn't talk to Larry, did you? I called about something today, and he was out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom