Best BCD for the Ladies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sucker4scuba:
Hi there to all The "Gal" Divers

I want to buy a BC for my girlfriend as she is close to doing her OW next week. There is numerous BC's that is made specially for woman's "Unique physique"... I need your imput at what to look at and give me some quidelines...

Must be:

Durable
Comfortable
Practical
Good quality
Value for money

PLEASE HELP!!!!
seaquest diva lx

I've got to give another vote for the Zeagle Zena. My wife tried on everything made and nothing really fit her shape exactly right. With the Zena's interchangeable panels we were able to get a custom fit!

Got my wife the ScubaPro Ladyhawk for Christmas (she had previously tried it on). She loves it. When we started diving we were using rental BCD's and she always got those big jacket type BCD's. She's tall and thin and those BCD's simply engulfed her and she really thought her buoyancy control problems were due to BCD. Don't know if it is pyschological or not, but no control problems and I can see she is much more comfortable. I was skeptical about "ladies BCD's". But, yeah, their bodies are different and they need a BC designed for them.

BKP:
My wife has a Zeagle Zena... very modular BC (back inflate), and she loves it... Zeagle also has a new 'Lazer' for women, I've heard... with a slightly different form factor...

The three women I know who tried on the Zeagle Zena all didn't like the front zipper (in lieu of a cummerbund), and all went with the Zeagle Stiletto. This is a very compact BC, excellent for both men and women, which packs down very small. Worth a look!

Don't rule out BCs that are not marketed specifically toward women. My wife tried and hated both the Zeagle Zena and the Seaquest Diva. She especially hated the Zena's front zip bodice thing.

We ended up getting her a Zeagle Stiletto, which just happened to fit her well. It travels well too.

Thank you for the insight! I realize now that I have never had a rental BC that actually fit (not even kids sizes) and why it always felt like my tank was moving around on my back. The BP/W sounds especially interesting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom