Tall Tale, Big Talker or Just Plain Lucky ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ItsBruce:
Your guest was well into what the tables tell us was deco territory if he was using air, but not everyone who goes into deco territory and fails to do "mandatory" stops gets DCS. I recently saw some amazing statistics on this. Of course, nitrox or trimix could have reduced the risk of DCS.
Hmmm ... respectfully disagree with that last comment ...

The "best mix" for nitrox at 165 is EAN24 ... which wouldn't give you any appreciable benefit over air as far as DCS risk is concerned.

And a trimix gas will increase the risk ... helium ongasses and offgasses faster than nitrogen, so an emergency ascent on trimix is more likely to bend you than the same ascent on air.

Considering the time frame of this alleged dive, it's unlikely that a sport diver would have been using anything other than air ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ocean One:
Somtimes, I think to myself there are some real whoppers being told in these threads too!!!!
What??? Information that is less than true, right here on ScubaBoard???

Let's hope not. Reading these kinds of threads is how I learned myself to dive, right here online, yessir-re.

Like the time I was diving the Titanic, and...

I admire Tim's professionalism in that he could restrain himself from laughing outloud at the guy!! :rofl3: :rofl3:

Rick Inman:

Let's hope not. Reading these kinds of threads is how I learned myself to dive, right here online, yessir-re.

Hey man, you gonna finish this story, or what? Don't leave me hang'in like that!!

Rick Inman:

Were you the guy with the big oxygen bottle I saw on the foredeck.....? I thought I was the only one who did that, now I can use you as a reference...

Barracuda2:
Hey man, you gonna finish this story, or what? Don't leave me hang'in like that!!
...everything was great, until my oxygen hose got bit in half by the shark...

omg, you must have been soooo scared!! What did you do? put your mask on your forehead so everyone would know you were in trouble?

btw, I was supposed to be on the dive boat when they found U-869, but I left my wetsuit up in Canada when I was ice diving the week before......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom