Dive outfit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Tom McCarthy

SF2/rEvo/Tempest Dive Boat
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any dive outfits on Paradise island. More specifically one in close proximity to the Harborside resort complex of atlantis? How close is Stuarts cove to Atlantis? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Bahama Divers is the closest. They're at the base of the bridge to Paradise Island.

Stuart Cove's is on the south side of New Providence. 45min./17mi. away. They'll pick you up twice a day.

They're the only two dive ops on New Providence - except for private charters.

My sons and I stayed in the Harborside complex last year. Stuart's picked us up first and dropped us off last. I suggest if you use them, you order dives online as the price for multiple days of diving and multiple dives drops significantly...and my younger son (jr OW) dove for free while he was diving with me.

wow, thanks alot all! I really want to go on one of stuart's famous shark dives, but I think i'll dive mostly with Bahama diver's. My father went there some years back and he said they were a nice group. Thanks again

Stuart Coves is on the other side of the island, about an hours drive or so, but then again, so is the best diving on the island. It would be well worth the drive and expense and Stuart cove does it well.

While you are at Atlantis though you should check out the Aqua Cat at the Hurrican Hole Marina next to the Gree Parrot. The Aqua Cat is a state of the art liveaboard dive boat. Tell them Blackbeard sent you.

Tmccar1:
wow, thanks alot all! I really want to go on one of stuart's famous shark dives, but I think i'll dive mostly with Bahama diver's. My father went there some years back and he said they were a nice group. Thanks again

Hi,

We have dived with both Bahama Divers and Stuart Cove for many years. And we always stay on Paradise Island.

As others have said, Bahama Divers is just across the bridge and if you drive, it will only take a few minutes. They will also pick you up. They are nice folks and their dives are just fine. They do one by the breakwater that might sound boring....except you will probably see one heck of a lot of creatures there. It is not a deep dive and so you can stay down a long time, if you wish. We have seen both rays and sharks on that dive.

Re Stuart Cove: they are much more interested in getting you on the boat and off the boat than letting you test your bottom times. They always insist that I ascend when I still have 1500 lbs of air left, a real pain. However, their Shark Adventure is worth the price. If you are a photographer, be sure to take your camera on the first dive--a non-feeding dive--that is when you are most likely to be able to get photos without other divers or their bubbles in the shots.

On the second--feeding dive--if you are taking photos, be the last one up...and go slowly...whilst the other divers are on the tag line, again you can take some nice shots of the sharks without "background" interference. The SC DM's will "urge" you along, but if you make "progress", they will be nice...

Finally, if you head into downtown Nassau, be sure to try the Athena for lunch...great gryos and Greek salads...and an owner who is a real delight!:D

joewr

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom