Canon SD600

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkenwood

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Greetings,

I am in the market for a camera and housing. I have been looking at the Canon DC 600 with a housing and a sealife SL960D Strobe. Does anyone have experience with this camera and strobe set up? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

Apparently not.. : )

I have the SC600 and love it, and have ID'ed the case as yoiu have. How did you pic that flash as I think we will get flash next/ at swame time as case?

Bob in CO

Greetings Bob,

Yes, I am going to buy the complete set up at the same time. my friend has the sealife strobe and I do believe it adapts well to the canon.

Thanks for your imput
regards,
Mike

The SD range is excellent - especially on land.

Underwater it is limited by its lack of manual controls. As you will have a strobe not having manual controls seems like a big sacrifice. I'd aim for the A series instead, but that's just me :)

Alcina,

Thank you for your reply, I am now looking at the A630 Cannon also, and a more versitile strobe.

Mike

I have an S500, which is older (CF card, instead of SD or SM), but it does have manual W/B and ISO settings. That said, the Canon underwater housing works pretty well and they are cheap. Amazon has decent prices, along with other e-tailers. The small Canon's can produce decent pictures. As to the strobe...I know nothing about Sealife.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom