I'm going to quit smoking!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Being an recent convert to not smoking, I thought I'd better chime in. My last fag was on 29 October 2006. That's eight-four days; about 1700 smokes and a little over USD100. Probably a lot more money than that seeing as I've been living in the UK for all of that time and they're a little more expensive here. I don't actually know the cost of a packet here. Woo hoo! I'm actually at a point where I can go a week without getting the urge and even then, it's pretty weak. Reeeeeeaaaaaaaaally happy about that.

Anyway, best of luck to you all - and me too.

Good to hear about that!!!

I did the math for ya on the ciggys,

1700 cigs= 85 packs

85 packs x $3.52 (cost of my old cigs here) = $299.20

Cool! Well, I think I might buy myself a nice little $1200 present for my first anniversary.

I smoked in college, 10 cigarettes per day was my maximum. Over the past couple of years I began to smoke single cigarettes – never buying a pack, but I found that old craving slowly returning, starting in my chest, leading into my throat and finally moving back into my brain and of course the cravings, once they reach the mind, are a powerful thing.

I think cigarettes are very, very addictive and since my son turned 18 - literally the day before he did so, I haven't had any. That was a while ago. Even though I would smoke one only once in a while, in time of stress, I'd want to smoke - when I felt down, I'd want one... feeling tired I'd have one to perk me up – stressed at work, glad they were around!

I wish the person who started this thread, all the luck in the world with quitting. It can be done, and it's a great thing to finally stub out your last one. I know. I've stubbed out my last one, many, many times.

Hopefully, the last cigarette I stubbed out will be my very last, last one.

right on!

Tomorrow marks my 4th year without a cig!

I will say that getting this monkey off my back was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life.

Congrats and keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PEANUTS ...........Buy a big bag of peanuts (in the shell) that will keep your hands occupied. It worked for me.
Tell all your friends. Get support. There is a lot of help on line.
Breath Nitrox, Air , helium whatever but not that ****! Good luck!

Update :

Free and Healing for One Month, Fourteen Days, 20 Hours and 58 Minutes, while extending my life expectancy 3 Days and 23 Hours, by avoiding the use of 1147 nicotine delivery devices that would have cost me $202.23.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom