So who did it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A toast to Wreckwriter;

A Troll who became a Moderator,
A moderator who became a member,
A member that defied an Emperor (A.K.A. Senior Moderator)

At least he keeps things interesting.

I would have liked to see the look on PFC Lynch’s face when the U.S. Special Forces kicked in the door and asked her if she was ready to go home. I hope that the others are still alive.

Mike

Thank you all for your responses.

I guess I should have known who pulled but I didn't see your name on the logged-in list, if I had I would have known. You've been working against me since I was a moderator, I guess I did something to you at some point. Oh well, I'm sure your hard work and lobbying of the owners will pay off soon since I seem to have lost most of the support I may have once had within the Mod Squad.

What's wrong Ziggys_Friend? Are you mad because I called you publicly on posting information that was so ludicrously wrong that it was dangerous? You really should have listened more closely in your class. I'll leave it at that since you "sure don't want to get in the middle of this", even tough you inserted yourself for some reason.

Eric and Ken, please don't get yourselves in trouble over supporting me, its not worth it at this point.

WW

In asking the question it became apparent that he might not have caught the bit about not sending out routine PMs when we moderate war-related messages. I realized that there might be others (such as yourself) who needed the reminder as well. Whether they missed it or forgot it; who knows? But since the query was made public, the answer should be public too.

When you add to that the TIMING of the query... a mere 6 minutes AFTER the post was pulled then we start to get a little miffed. Unlike you, WW has been a moderator... I even personally asked that he become a moderator and talked him out of resigning at least once. Consequently, he knows that it might take an hour or even a day for us to hash over and PM the poster with our actions on a normal thread. Sometimes all or part of a thread is put back on the board. What was his motive? Only WW knows for sure, but it probably was only impatience in wanting to know the status of his thread. Could he have posted a PM to any of the mods about the status? Oh yes... but he choose to make it public, and now you want us to just act like nothing has happened???

As for O-ring's “joke”... I don't know him and do not know who his homies are. Consequently, I took his statement at face value. So, I guess it's OK for you to stick up for another member but NOT alright for me to defend brand new moderators???

Guess what... Tom is a big boy. He some GREAT qualities and is an asset to this board. But just like me, he has a few negative qualities too and he is quite aware of them. He knew he crossed the line in that post and even said so... It's not a Tom Vs the Moderators thing. I for one do not have the time, patience or inclination for such a distraction. He got a little impatient and we all got tired of his impatience... big whoop!

WreckWriter once bubbled...
Thank you all for your responses.

I guess I should have known who pulled but I didn't see your name on the logged-in list, if I had I would have known. You've been working against me since I was a moderator, I guess I did something to you at some point. Oh well, I'm sure your hard work and lobbying of the owners will pay off soon since I seem to have lost most of the support I may have once had within the Mod Squad.
WW

I haven't ever worked against you, Tom. I just mistakenly expected you to act like a reasonable, responsible adult. Especially after being a moderator, you know how things work and how long it can take. I've got nothing to 'lobby' the owners for and you lost all support you may have ever had all by yourself.

I'll agree that moderating is a very hard job.

If somebody pisses you off and you take it personally, then you are failing at the job.

Personally I'm tired of your whining. If you don't like the way things are, take your toys and play elsewhere.

Yes... feelings can run hot.
If you have a problem with Tom, or myself, or anybody, then you will have to decide how to deal with it.

In my opinion, moderators stooping to ranting in public is wrong, no matter what the offense. Try and hold yourselves to a higher level and you might get some respect.

As far as WW opening it to the public, again... he did not come into this thread pitching a *****.... he asked a question. Whether it was a valid question... not my decision. But it was certainly not a question that deserved the response it got.

Dee once bubbled...

I haven't ever worked against you, Tom. I just mistakenly expected you to act like a reasonable, responsible adult. Especially after being a moderator, you know how things work and how long it can take. I've got nothing to 'lobby' the owners for and you lost all support you may have ever had all by yourself.

please take this to PM. If I wanted to read, or cared about politics in newsgroups, I would have stayed on rec.scuba.

MD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom