Diving in Vietnam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pelan-pelan:
Email Rainbow and let them know. This does not sound like the operation we dived with in July 2005. Their response will clarify whether they are still the same. Please let us know if the operation has changed

The events I described happened in November 2005, I was sorry to report on the board what happened because some of the dive crew seemed decent and competent enough -but they were all aware that I didn't get a briefing and none of them comented on the dangerous way the Vietnamese dive guide behaved, I got the impression they knew this guide was not up to it or perhaps had seen it all before.
Apart from nearly killing me and my buddy, the dive op seemed ok and Jeremy (who runs it) seemed a very nice chap -as was the crewmaster chappy.
The dive sites were dissapointing, especially in comparison with other places in the SE Asia region.
Phil TK

hi anyone with information about diving in Quy Nhon area? i will be there for a period.

thanks

I believe that you can dive out of one of the resorts in Quy Nhon with Coco divers, but if you look at previous posts they were thrown out of PADI, so you might want to be careful. Quy Nhon is halfway between Hoi An and Nha Trang where you can dive with some more reputable companies.

Diving don thanks for the info actually I will be working for a resort in that area . I plan to do my DM there so you can refer anyone I would glad apperciate it.

I believe that at Quy Nhon your only opportunity to dive would be with Coco, having seen them in action I wouldn't even fun dive with them. Your problem is going to be that Quy Nhon is a 6 hour bus journey from either Nha Trang or Hoi An. For doing DM in Hoi An I'd recommend Rainbow Divers, for Nha Trang, again Rainbow Divers (where I did my DM). For Nha Trang if you don't fancy Rainbow, you could try Sailing Club Divers or Blue Diving Club. I trained and worked with Rainbow and they really set the standards in Vietnam, they lead others follow and have a proven track record, good reputation within SE Asia. hope this helps out

Don

Divingdon:
I believe that at Quy Nhon your only opportunity to dive would be with Coco, having seen them in action I wouldn't even fun dive with them. Your problem is going to be that Quy Nhon is a 6 hour bus journey from either Nha Trang or Hoi An. For doing DM in Hoi An I'd recommend Rainbow Divers, for Nha Trang, again Rainbow Divers (where I did my DM). For Nha Trang if you don't fancy Rainbow, you could try Sailing Club Divers or Blue Diving Club. I trained and worked with Rainbow and they really set the standards in Vietnam, they lead others follow and have a proven track record, good reputation within SE Asia. hope this helps out

Don

Again
thanks Don
I will just take it Rainbow when i drop by in Hoi An. thanks again

I went diving in Nha Trang with Rainbow Divers late last month. The diving was marginal at best, poor visibility and cold. The dive shop is fine, but it didn't seem that much better than some of the other ones in town, and it's a fair bit more expensive. I'd shop around before you dive, most dive shops are open until fairly late the night before.

Pauillac:
I went diving in Nha Trang with Rainbow Divers late last month. The diving was marginal at best, poor visibility and cold. The dive shop is fine, but it didn't seem that much better than some of the other ones in town, and it's a fair bit more expensive. I'd shop around before you dive, most dive shops are open until fairly late the night before.

Seem is the opporative word. Having lived and worked there, I know that Rainbow Divers is much better than the others, in terms of safety and standards.

I learned to dive in Nha Trang a very long time ago... it is so sad to hear what has happened to the diving in that area... It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Well, assuming one avoids the rainy season.

The diving in Vietnam is still good, but you don't always have good visibility. Most of the diving is pretty shallow and with sandy bottoms that are easily stirred up by the weather. If you look back at the weather for Vietnam for the past 6 months you'll see that they've been hit by a typhoon almost every month. You either have to be lucky with the weather or happy to look for critters in Vietnam, of which there are plenty.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom