going to Allegro Cozumel, anyone use their dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ottawascubalady

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
I'm going to Cozumel in late March. I'll be staying at the Allegro. I would like to hear from anyone who has dove with their dive shop. Is it good? Do they have a dock? (I hope so) I'm really looking forward to diving in Coz again.

Thanks.

We stayed there in Oct last year BUT did not use their dive shop..........We used Aldora who picked us up each day @ Allegro's(very nice ) pier........ did not talk to anyone that used them either(but it looked nice from the outside), wish I could help out more......

I dove with them.. They are very nice and can't beat the location.. but they cater to a beginner diver and tend to have more than a few people on their boats.. all in all I was happy with them

ottawascubalady:
Thanks for the info. How is Aldora to dive with?

Aldora is 2nd to none, IMO....I'm not sure if they have a minimum # of dives under your belt to go out with them......Ask them & see......They use 125 hp steels with ALOT of BT(Their rule: must use a computer to dive with them- which is understandable with the extra time per dive UW you get).....A little bit more to dive with them, but in my book you sometimes get what you pay for....As someone else said, the location of Allegro is great, very short boat rides to some of the better spots........you'll enjoy...

Mattroz, your pics are great. Wrecks are really neat to see. I dove 2 wrecks last year in San Andres, saw lots of fish. The angles seemed to really love the wrecks. Can't wait to jump back in. I'm still a newbie diver so being with a group of newbies is ok. I always follow closly to the DM. I always ask for a more experienced diver to buddy with me. The first time in Coz the DM buddied me with someone as inexperience as me. Big mistake, as he shot up so fast to the surface that I had to struggle to get him down to make his safetly stop. His nose was bloddied. The DM came to help. I'm very comfortable diving and that was my only bad experience. I found the drift diving in Cozumel very relaxing and enjoyable. 4 more weeks to go!

Back
Top Bottom