Congratulations Bwerb and AaronBBrown

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O-ring

Beyond the Pale
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
They both passed their Discover Scuba Diving classes this week!

The PADI Discover Scuba/ Discover Scuba Diving programs let you experience the thrill of diving under the supervision of a PADI Instructor in pool or pool like conditions, such as those found at a resort. During your adventure, you'll master some basic concepts and scuba skills and might even head off on an open water adventure.

The world of SCUBA will be a thrilling experience for both of you! Remember the most important rule in SCUBA diving..NEVER, NEVER EVER hold your breath!!

raxafarian once bubbled...
that gmbaker got left behind.;-0 ;-0
You stick with it gmbaker! If anyone gives you any grief you tell them that you are the way you are because God made you special!

My mom says I can even use the tub to practice...

Where did this new fun and frivolity come from...

Make sure your mom does not leave you in the bathroom alone. Even ascending from 6 inches of water while holding your breath can lead to an air embolism. Your mom's homemade chicken soup will not cure that.

Make sure she atleast gets her Rescue Cert before you do anymore tub diving. You hear me young man?

Congratulations to all involved. Discover Scuba is a wonderful accomplishment.

I'm proud to say that, having done Bubblemaker, Discover Scuba and Discover Scuba Diving, I'm now pursing Distinctive Specialities in:

Discover Nitrox
Discover Deep Air (very controversial)
Discover Hypoxic Trimix.

The latter involves a 450 fsw dive to the Portland, which is sunk in the Stellwegen Bank. You must be under the direct supervision of a PADI certified assistant, who will stick the correct regulator in your mouth at appropriate intervals.

In the meantime, tub diving combined with O-ring's 8 martini lunch will help you prepare for and adapt to the narcosis you will experience on these more advance Experience programs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom