Renting Steel Cylinders in SoCal

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mongoose

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Guys I'm going to be visiting So Cal in a few weeks, and I have a few questions.

-- Is there a shop around that will rent me a LP steel tank (pref LP95 or LP104) with a DIN valve?
-- Would that same shop be willing to double them up with a DIN manifold?
-- Does anyone know if the Bottom Scratcher will allow doubles? (I have a preference for this boat)

Thanks!
--'Goose

Hi Goose.

When are you going to be here? Where will you be?

I don't know off hand anyone who rents steel cylinders. I think that Laguna Sea Sports has some steel rentals, but I don't know for sure.

Laguna Sea Sports is probably your best bet for a steel rental, but I doubt they have DIN valves on LP tanks. You might also want to call Beach Cities' Cypress store. That used to be Jim Hoffman's old Scuba Toys stores and he had a variety of tanks around at one time. I doubt either store will have a manifold to use for rental purposes.

Assuming you can rent doubles, I am not aware that the Bottom Scratcher has a policy against them, but space is pretty tight on the back deck compared with other boats.

I'm not sure where in SoCal you will be staying, but you may want to check with Hollywood Divers. I'm under the impression that they have steel tanks and doubles for rent.

Christian

headhunter:
I'm not sure where in SoCal you will be staying, but you may want to check with Hollywood Divers. I'm under the impression that they have steel tanks and doubles for rent.

Christian

They do rent steels, but definitely check ahead as they rent a lot of tanks, and you might end up with some of their 72's !

Also, Ocean adventures in Venice might be a good one to try. I am not certain if they rent steels or not, but worth checking.

limeyx:
They do rent steels, but definitely check ahead as they rent a lot of tanks, and you might end up with some of their 72's !

Also, Ocean adventures in Venice might be a good one to try. I am not certain if they rent steels or not, but worth checking.

i rented an LP95 from Ocean Adventures once so you can definitely rent a steel tank there, about doubles probably but i'm not sure.

they're a great shop, ask for andy, steve or joe...(310) 578-9391

a.

Mongoose,
We have LP95's for rent here at the cypress location of Beach Cities Scuba.
Shouldn't be to much trouble to get din valves on them for you.
As far as doubles go I have a few personal sets I may be able to make availiable.:D
But no 95's.
I've got a pair of hp100's halcyon manifold, highland bands.
or
al80's same bands and manifold as above.
Give me a call at the shop (714)527-1500
Make sure I know who you are and that your from the board.:wink:
Ask for Milo.

Hope this helps,

Milo

We have lp 95's,104's, twin 100's, hp 100's, hp 120's, lp 80's, hp 80's all with DIN and set up for SafeAir/Nitrox

Mongoose,

Just in case you were not aware, none of the stores mentioned (Laguna Sea Sports, Beach Cities Cypress, Hollywood Divers or Scuba Schools Montclair) are close to one another. Distances may range from 30 to 50 miles apart. Pacific Wilderness (two locations, San Pedro and Orange) lists steel LP 95's on its website for rent.

Dive & Surf in Redondo Beach rents Steel tanks. That's where I've rented them the past two times I've been diving in SoCal. Not sure on the DIN valves, the ones I rented were yoke.

Their number is 310-372-8423 if you would like to give them a call and ask.

Back
Top Bottom