Special Training Class Announcement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you'd like to post a trip, class, etc. talk to KN and/or LD.
did you NOT understand. I thought his point was incredibly clear. :tease: And thats not just because he has no hair either.

As the organizer of this course, here are the facts:

$325 covers the course fee plus travel (air and hotel) for the GUE instructors. No profit is built in for New Horizons. Only the GUE teaching staff profits, as does any type of instructor when he/she teaches (as I think CinciBengalsFan is implying).

The reason King Neptune approved this class listing and posted it himself is because I called and talked with him. He understands that this is a SPECIAL type of offering, not the typical course that you can get locally, so he was more than willing to post it. Ask him directly and he will tell you that he wants to avoid standard class postings, as that only makes Scubaboard an advertising zone (which I agree is not attractive).

Safe and fun diving to all. Peace out!

profit is profit whether it goes to the sponsoring dive shop or instructor.

How is DIR-F "SPECIAL" to the point that it would not be considered a normal training class? My understanding is that it is by a smaller agency (possibly not recognized in some areas) and that it is more philosophy and "our way or no way" attitude. I have never taken a GUE/DIR course and probably never will. Standardized practices are one thing, but the "I'm better than you because I got my certification through this agency " is another. The only courses I've ever seen posted on here are GUE/DIR. It's King Neptune's board and I understand that he sets the rules, but it seems to me that things could be at least equal. Isn't DIR-F turning out to be the Open Water course for GUE?

No problems with you GUEdiver just not sure how "SPECIAL" gets in there or how things become special.

The Scuba Board policy for both group trips and classes is really very simple.

If you want to post a group trip or a class, you need to contact either KN or myself via PM or email at info@scubasource.com with the specific details of who you are, what you want to post, etc.

Post a group trip or class without contacting one of us and it will be pulled.

Contact us about it first and we will be happy to discuss it with you and possibly work something out.

GUEdiver once bubbled...

$325 covers the course fee plus travel (air and hotel) for the GUE instructors. No profit is built in for New Horizons. Only the GUE teaching staff profits, as does any type of instructor when he/she teaches (as I think CinciBengalsFan is implying).

The reason King Neptune approved this class listing and posted it himself is because I called and talked with him. He understands that this is a SPECIAL type of offering, not the typical course that you can get locally, so he was more than willing to post it. Ask him directly and he will tell you that he wants to avoid standard class postings, as that only makes Scubaboard an advertising zone (which I agree is not attractive).

This is a typical class offering for 5th-D. It's what they do. The owners of the board can of course do as they see fit with their board. I myself posted about DIRF classes I was trying to fill. Funny though, I don't suppose I could have posted it if I was teaching the class. Maybe I'm wrong. BTW I don't feel my classes are typical either.

NetDoc once bubbled...
did you NOT understand. I thought his point was incredibly clear. :tease: And thats not just because he has no hair either.

missing the point again.:wink:

GUEdiver once bubbled...

When did I "imply"?:)

I simply replied to a post on page one.:wink:

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I myself posted about DIRF classes I was trying to fill. Funny though, I don't suppose I could have posted it if I was teaching the class. Maybe I'm wrong. BTW I don't feel my classes are typical either.

Actually, I found out about my recent DIR-F class here when the instructor MHK posted about it (which I'm very glad he was able to do). It seems to me the bottom line is, it's not our board and thems the facts.

FYI, there is another thread going on right now about another DIR-F class that's been marked up quite a bit more, but again, it's not our board so why complain. There is a policy and nobody's hiding it so fair's fair.

~<//><

Ziggys_Friend once bubbled...

FYI, there is another thread going on right now about another DIR-F class that's been marked up quite a bit more, but again, it's not our board so why complain. There is a policy and nobody's hiding it so fair's fair.

~<//><

There is a policy and that is that the owners can do what they want. They can become a full time add for 5th-d if they chose. Fair? I am old enough that I don't expect fair.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...

There is a policy and that is that the owners can do what they want. They can become a full time add for 5th-d if they chose. Fair? I am old enough that I don't expect fair.

You the man!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom