Curacao Scubaboard Meet & Greet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sharkbait60:
There is a group of 27 to 34 dive-aholics from Northern, NY at Habitat from March 3rd - 13th doing mostly shore dives all hours of the day.

Oh no, there goes the shore dive vis. No sense shlepping the camera gear.

Devil, just send in the robot camera on the remote BC....

CheddarChick:
Devil, just send in the robot camera on the remote BC....
Thanks, that's an idea, I might do just that.

CheddarChick:
mmm CINNABON.....One of the not allowed foods....

But we'll be working all that excess energy intake off with our strenuous Curacao dive vacation activities:D

We started Weight Watchers (again) a few weeks back - it depends on how 'vigorous' you classify the diving as to how many bonus points you can rack up in a day. I normally don't skip dessert on vacation (maybe on a day I have a Cinnabon I will), and I always come back lighter than I leave! So, the ultimate weight loss program must be to move to a scuba friendly spot like Tony has so you're on permanent dive vacation!

If only the Isla refinery wasn't operated by PDVSA and Chavez dislike us Norteamericanos so much, we might have had a chance to live the Tony lifestyle. Rumor has it PDVSA is looking at purchasing Isla from the Curacao government, as they sell off the smaller asphalt-product based Citgo refineries in the USA.

what a horrible thought...I could never go there if it benefits that horrible man....

Thus we are in the sunny swamplands - th refinery on St. Croix is a joint venture with PDVSA, another reason we are where we are

The Curacao government owns Isla, but PDVSA operates it under agreement with the Curacao government. Don't get too hung up on that - a significant portion of the crude oil refined in the USA comes from Venezuela, so the bits you use while on Curacao (or Bonaire) aren't something I'd personally lose sleep over. Citgo had the largest retail market share here in the USA not too many years ago, and still has three full scale refineries in the USA (Citgo is owned by PDVSA).

Did it ever get above zero up where you're at yet CC? Farenheit or Celsius (I have to ask)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom