Catp Pala liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aaen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey

Anyone every been on one of these liveaboard trips? Signed up for one in MAr/april, and I was just curious as to everyones thoughts on the outfitter, I believe it is ran by blackbeard crusies but is only for 12 people.

Also anyone have any ideas on what to bring for clothing for a week long trp, keepign in mind that it is mainly diving. trying to keep my gear/clothing to a manageable amount.

thanks

Steve

Are you on the Cat Ppalu? The Scuba Sciences trip?

If so, here's the recommended equipment/clothing list:
http://www.catppalu.com/scuba-diving-equipment.html

If you live near Metro, they sell microfiber shorts at Burlington Coat Factory at 1-17/Peoria. They're nice because they have velcro-fastened pockets and dry fast. I wore about 4 pairs on my last liveaboard. I even dove in them once or twice. Take collapsible luggage, there's not much space to store it.

Yup I am on that trip, I know I cold have done it a lot cheaper but I didn't feel like going through any of the hassle nor taking the time. Thanks for the info.

Steve

Steve

The Cat Ppalu is owned and opperated by Black Beards Cruises. They also own the Aqua Cat.I used to work for them. I spent about a month on the Cat Ppalu and the rest of my time there was at Blackbeards. It was a totally different crew then but you should have a great trip there is some good diving in the Exumas

Roddy

hey, done the cat ppalu in 2004 and it was March too! The boat is easy to move around on and the diving was really great. i packed bathing suits, sarongs/coverups, a couple pair of sportif type shorts and tops and a wind breaker outfit. was nice having that after a dive especially if under way. helped get my body temp back up. evenings were cool and it felt good to have a windbreaker on to cut the wind. wasn't that chilly so much as breezy. flip flops and lots of lip balm. that is about it. you do spend the last night in nassau so if you plan on going out, some resort type outfit is fine. guys are fine in whatever makes them happy.

Back
Top Bottom