which wetsuit for red sea diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At the moment, you see people diving in anything from 3mm shorties to drysuits. I personally am wearing a 7mm with a 3mm hood and vest. The water temperature is 22C at the divesites around Sharm. It depends on you and what you are used to. I should imagine that in june i will have discarded the hood and vest. And we do mostly 1 hour dives, air permitting. Even with my current set up I get chilled to the bone by the end of the 3rd dive.

Hi Maged
I am managing a dive centre in Dahab and what we give our coustmers during this time of the year that you planing your trip is 5 mm shorty.
3mm suit can be still very good, you may try it for one dive to judge yourself otherwise 5mm will be enough. I hope that will be helpful enough.
Moahmed Ali

i really don't get you guys! whats fun in swimimg with a condom on you?
i really don't like wetsuits, i dive most of the time in the red sea with my swim suit and a lycra T shirt, its more than enough, and yes i am a bit cold but no more than the guys with a full suit, so why wear one???
magged, do what you feel like, as you can see, in the same time in the same place, people dive with a 0mm,3mm,5mm and a 7mm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feb 7 to Feb 21, 2007, Na'ama Bay, Sinai Peninsula, Red Sea; water 22 degrees at 20 meters = 71.6 Fahrenheit. Wife dived 5mm Henderson hyperstretch plus hood; I dived Pinnacle Elite 7 mm; European instructors all used drysuits. All three setups were satisfactory. What a fantastic place! Find a cheap ticket and go!!!!!

Hey Mike, thank you for the cases of Grolsh you left us, all the staff are enjoying them immensely. I'm glad you enjoyed you enjoyed your time diving with us at Sinai Divers. Are you off back to Alaska to continue diving??

Don

Well, I would say its depand... on the date of the year (Summer, winter etc.) on how many dive per day you will like to dive and how long your dives are...

If you will dive once or twice a day in the summer, 3mm shroty ahould be great, if it is 3 dives a day for 4-5 days take 3mm +hat (full size). if it is winter time go for 5.5mm and :coffee: .

Water Temp should be (yearly) 20-26 C.

*Assuming that it is not Tech dives (much longer dives).

H A V E F U N

Guys, I'm so glad I found this thread.

I am going to Dahab on Thursday, and am decided 99% that I will take with me a new suit from Mares, which I'm gonna buy from here:

http://www.watersportswarehouse.co.uk/ishop/893/shopscr1237.html

I think the 5mm PLUS 5mm makes a decent all year red sea diving package, what do you guys think? Especially interested in instructors and DMs who live/dive in the area :)

watch_the_bubbles:
Guys, I'm so glad I found this thread.

I am going to Dahab on Thursday, and am decided 99% that I will take with me a new suit from Mares, which I'm gonna buy from here:

http://www.watersportswarehouse.co.uk/ishop/893/shopscr1237.html

I think the 5mm PLUS 5mm makes a decent all year red sea diving package, what do you guys think? Especially interested in instructors and DMs who live/dive in the area :)

The majority of instructors and DMs here prefer the 7mm semi dry.

Red Sea Shadow:
The majority of instructors and DMs here prefer the 7mm semi dry.

that's because they are not naturally as well insulated as I am :rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom