any drysuit beach divers here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

meterman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
wondering who here is so. cal. mostly beach dives using a drysuit.. if so what brand of dry suit are you using, style, options etc... im getting ready to drop some big money on something i no nothing about...:confused: no matter what brand i go with it will be a custom suit i just not sure what to get . i do mostly beach dives and most likely going to go with DUI or DIVING CONCEPTS.. any suggestions ill take them
thanks..

Most of my dives are beach dives and unless I'm hunting lobster I wear my Drysuit.
I have a DUI TLS350 Signature Series with Turbo soles. I have friends who dive DC suits on beach dives also. I say go with the suit that has what you need for the right price.
I spent a large chunk of cash on the DUI and I am not dissapointed with it.
DC are nice suits as well.

Good luck.
Robert

I use my Bare HD Tec for Shore Diving in San Diego. It is great for year round cold water diving

I've used a DUI TLS350 and it leaked like a sieve on beach dives. I've also had a couple of Diving Concepts and they're great. The crushed neoprene stands up to rocky entries like Marineland better than trilam suits. If you go with DUI, get the built in socks instead of Turbo soles. You can wear tennis shoes over the socks and handle the walking better.

Bare Bare Bare Bare Bare Bare Bare Bare

MaxBottomtime:
The crushed neoprene stands up to rocky entries like Marineland better than trilam suits. If you go with DUI, get the built in socks instead of Turbo soles.

I have both a TLS and a Flx5050 (both DUI)--both are great for beach diving... The TLS is a very light material and tends to be a little baggy (which is good if you want to add extra layers underneath). It dries super quick too...
The 5050 has crushed neoprene on the legs and thats the one I prefer for the rockier entries (however its a heavy suit when wet).

meterman:
are the Turbo soles attached to the suit? i no what there rock boot is and i dont care for them.. are they like a soft booty?
Turbo soles are a flat rubber sole that is glued to the bottom of the crushed neoprene sock. I have no trouble with rocky entries. They offer no ankle support though.

I use a Signature Series DUI TLS350 with the turbo soles, which I bought used about 3 years ago. Works great, no leaks, and it fits great. I use it year round on mostly shore dives.

I diva a USIA suit that rocks, built in boots that are very comfortable. I know a lot of divers out here use a DS for beach diving, I'm not one of them. I did a 20ft dive at heisler park in laguna at a wrinkles event and it sucked. Unless you're going below 30ft I don't recommend using one. But that's just me.

Billy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom