So what's your 2007 dive schedule?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just did Monerey, Utilla in April, Grand Cayman in June, hopefully the Texas Clipper this summer, Palau in October, Galapagos in November and back to Cayman for Christmas. I turned 50 three years ago and I'm not taking the year off :) I just like to dive ;-). I wanted to dive in Scotland in early October when I go there for business, but the Palau trip got in the way- shucks.

Hmm..this year's dive schedule?

Education/Coursework: PADI DM by year's end would be the goal. I figure it's about time I become useful to the SO and stop counting against her ratio..lol. Oh..and I may as well get the title that goes along with "gear-lugger extraordinaire". :)

Diving: Well..apart from our "two-dive-per-week" rule around here to local sites such as Florence, Clear Lake, Newport, and the MacKenzie River...there ought to be plenty of trips to Seattle. The first one is next Tuesday-Thursday. We'll be diving Alki Cove 2 on Tuesday (something deep...I need to do some collection for a local middle school coldwater aquarium), then a pair of dives at Edmonds on Wednesday (no collecting there, obviously...), then a night/deep dive Wednesday night at Cove 2 (more collecting...and trying to spot a six-gill), then one last dive at Alki on Thursday morning before heading back. We'll probably make several more trips to Seattle in the coming year. I'd like to also get out to the San Juans this year.
The "big trip" for us this year is Channel Islands in July. A week aboard one of the vessels in the Truth Aquatics fleet to dive the kelp forests, frolick with sealions, and generally see what there is to see. Sorry...no fantabulous trips to tropical destinations here...we're still too young apparently...with neither the bank account nor the ability to take that much time off of our work to get away for several long trips each year.

:wink:

Cheers,
Austin

Roatan in April (counting the hours LOL) Lots of quarry dives. Maybe some scallop hunting in Port Orford ,OR. Hopefully getting 200 dives by end of summer, O YA and getting my DM. All in all just a lot of good memories with good friends and divers. Not to shabby for a kid.

Uhm... trying to do a dive or two a week around home.

MAYBE do a liveaboard at the end of the year, if I get the job I want, and can get the time off! :D

Dude! you stink:D How could you rub our collective noses in your enviable schedule like that?

With that off my chest, I will say that I am taking 1 trip this year that I know of so far and that is to Puerto Vallarta over spring break in April. It will probably be my first real diving since I got rear-ended in January (whip-lash) so I am soooo looking forward to getting back into the water! Whoo Hoo!

Well, I'm turning 50, and fighting it all the way. I have been planning this for three years, and I just sold my boat to pay for it. In 2008, I go back to work...

Everyday diving in the Red Sea!! Man am I looking forwards to the guiding people round the back of Jackson Reef during Hammerhead season, not to mention the sharks that mill around the tip of Shark and Yolanda, oh and also the Eagle rays that come to Na'ama bay.

That's a hell of a schedule.

Well my first trip this year was a New Year's trip to Yonaguni to dive the underwater ruins. I may be heading back there in June or so. I've got some Open Water courses planned later this month and in April. I've got a busy Golden Week (the first week in May) teaching AOW, Rescue, Deep, Nitrox, Night & EFR. My first DM candidate will be starting at that time soon which I'm really excited about.

I might head on a trip to Philippines, Guam or Micronesia in the summer, and then some domesic trips out to the Keramas (outer Okinawan islands) and Ishigaki/Iriomote through the year.

Whatever everyone else does, have fun and dive safely:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom