It pays to check your insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ocean One:
Most of the talk has been about what the insurance company will and will not cover..How about NOT diving beyond your certification level, training, and experience to begin with.

How do you know she was doing any or that? The article makes no mention of what her qualification is.

Go to NAUI's website and checkout thier Dive and Travel Insurance. You can get it without depth and breathing gas limitations.

hi there, i read with interest abt what happened and all your discussions..
i have a question.. what do you guys/gals think abt Dive Assure's policy?
i am normally insured with DAN. but my cover has expired and am just wondering abt other insurers..

i normally only dive around the ASIA pac region.. i am not sure if different insurers have different preferred region of coverage, any feed back is appreciated..

thanks

I checked with my regular insurance company and they told me that I am covered for whatever I get into. I work for a large sports shoe and apparel company and folks there get into all kinds of strange stuff. Now having said that, my DAN card is neatly tucked away in my wallet for when I am sure I will never need it. That's why they call it insurance.

DiveAssure Platinum also has no depth limits and covers evacuation. I'd be interested in hearing from any diveassure customers who've taken a chamber ride and how they
were treated by the Insurance Co. and the chamber facility.

Boy am I ever glad I just bought DAN insurance. Who wants to risk everything you have if you ever need medical help? !!! Cozumel here I come!!

most insurance agiancys have it set so you can only dive your limit ie if you padi open watter only 60m and if you advanced you can go deeper.. scuba diving is a safe sport so they dont see much risk if you dive within your limits.. even when i was diving with the crusise ship i didnt pay the extra 12 bucks for insurance incase you need too use the decompreion

Back
Top Bottom