Cheap dive in Europe, advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi there everyone!

My name is Paul, based in Newcastle, England and have a few days spare in June and wanted to do a bit of diving (obvious realy!!)

As I don't have my own equipment would have to be somewhere I can hire it and as it will only be my second time diving will want it to be a basic but fun dive supervised.

Lots of cheap flights go to places like Alicante, Faro, malaga, Palma and Mahon (menorca) airport. Would appreciate any advice on good scuba clubs within range of these places for a few days diving, hope you can help!! :14:

Paul,

welcome to ScubaBoard. While I don't have a specific answer for you, there are a good number from the UK here online. Best of luck. By the way, do you have a price range for how much you wish to spend?? I recommend Costa del Sol, Spain if you can do it!!

touristboy:
Hi there everyone!

My name is Paul, based in Newcastle, England and have a few days spare in June and wanted to do a bit of diving (obvious realy!!)

As I don't have my own equipment would have to be somewhere I can hire it and as it will only be my second time diving will want it to be a basic but fun dive supervised.

Lots of cheap flights go to places like Alicante, Faro, malaga, Palma and Mahon (menorca) airport. Would appreciate any advice on good scuba clubs within range of these places for a few days diving, hope you can help!! :14:

You will probably get more answers

http://www.yorkshire-divers.com/forums/

touristboy:
Hi there everyone!

Have you thought about Esterdit?

R..

touristboy:
Hi there everyone!

Why dont you try some diving in the UK instead? Lots of diving all round the UK including your area and doesn't involve flying somewhere.

Why not look for local clubs to mentor/dive with as there are many in your area.

If you absolutely insist on going abroad, Malta is cheap to get to now with BA and Ryanair and exceedingly good diving for the med.

My recommendation is to stay local and join a club though.

come and dive with me at st abbs, totally rocks my boat!! email me if you want any details (gjenkins72@hotmail.com), Im dive leading from a small dive shop 5 mins from st abbs harbour.

If you're going to go to malta as mentioned in a previous post, the mainisland (malta) has great shipwrecks but few fish, whilst the 2nd island has great underwater topography and more fish than malta.

If you want warm(ish) water diving though in the uk, West Wales has fab diving, a great dive shop is West Wales Divers (Hasguard Cross, Pembroke) who also have onsite accomodation.

West Wales is nice but its probably quicker to get to Malta than there from Newcastle :)

Stunning 50cm vis last week off milford haven. Torrential rain and wind made the tents fun to live in as well :)

come to kilkee west Clare in Ireland diving is great and will suit all levels there are shallow gullies down to about 18-20 meters and more dramatic pinnacles rising up from 40m+ its quit a busy little sea side town with lots of pubs and b+b's you can hire all the gear and the shop is the cheapest i have found for gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom