What's your impression of this behavior?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
well, they should turn the AC on
Or just dive into some cool water, with a cool dude who just happens to have a really cool snorkle.:14:

The policy at the LDS I worked at in NC was simple...NEVER bad mouth the competition. And I have no doubt that it is still the policy.

NWGratefulDiver:
I thought I knew which shop owner you were talking about ... then I realized you weren't from the Seattle area ... :shakehead

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ha! Don't be subtle, Bob. :D

This type of bad mouthing makes us all look bad. If this LDS owner is PADI affiliated you could make a Quality Assurance complaint against him as being a PADI member you are required to 'Not wrongfully disparage the PADI organization, PADI Members or any other dive industry professionals.'. You can email ga@padi.com to lodge your complaint.

im the manager of one of the largest dive shops in a company touted as the largest dive distributor in the world even though we are a west coast/half company. i would never even think of putting down another shop. people just dont like it. you sound like a "tool" as it were. in addition, i train swat, bomb squad and fire guys in my shop too.....big deal..most of my customers are not those people....we are all trying to make a living on what we love...in a few short words.......

"we all gots to eat"....you can do better than this guy. you really can.

Welcome to the scuba community!
unfortunately the old saying rings true here, a few bad lds owner operators give the whole bunch of us a bad reputation.
Eric

I have 2 shops I use full time. One has less expensive gear (same brands) & the other has better instructors so I use both & spread out my loyalty, it also helps that they both know it so are always trying to go the extra mile for me. I also use both to vis plus my tanks & service regs.

An interesting point altitudeMike... personally I deal with one LDS for all my major purchases as I am comfortable with him...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom