Citizen Aqualand Titanium question..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jd950

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I recently read a claim that the Citizen titanium watches have a tendency toward bezel problems, in that they are prone to either rotate too easily, or stick. The author of that comment suggested sticking with their stainless models.

Putting aside weight and scratch resistant issues, have any of you Citizen owners found this bezel comment to be true?

I've been eyeing that watch as well and would be interested in feedback wrt. how it holds up to diving.

I've been teetering between the Ti jp1040 version and the SS jp1060 version. Unfortunately the shape of the SS jp1060 version, where the strap attaches would look odd with either Waterford strap or a leather strap for dressier "dry" use.

Henrik

I don’t know about the Titanium one but the I have the 20th Anniversary Edition LV0030-01E. It’s a great watch. I use it as a back-up to my computer. It registers bottom time, temperature - current and minimum, time of dive, SI, and much more. Its always within a foot of my computer (Pro Plus2) but seems to register 2-3 cooler water temps. I would get another in a minute if I lost this one.

Dave

I have 2 citizen watches, 1 is a titanium ECO drive that is 8 years old or so. No Bezel issues. The other is an ECO drive (stainless) Diver's 300 m, about 1 year old, no bezel issues. Neither watch is in the Aqualand line.

jd950:
I recently read a claim that the Citizen titanium watches have a tendency toward bezel problems, in that they are prone to either rotate too easily, or stick. The author of that comment suggested sticking with their stainless models.

Putting aside weight and scratch resistant issues, have any of you Citizen owners found this bezel comment to be true?

I've had my titanium Citizen Aqualand for over 5 years, no problems with it. This is the first time I've heard of a problem.

CB

I`ve had the 1040 for about 5 years titaium watch and bracelet made 50 dives with it .I rely on my computers for speed i check my watch . drawback is nitrox of coarse ,but I still frequent it on board and snorkeling . AT this point this and my mosquito are well advised and used

Thank you for the replies. What I read was just one person's opinion, and maybe it was based on one bad sample or some defect. I have toyed with getting one of their titanium dive watches, for no good reason, and wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

I've had mine for almost 10 years now. Never any problem at all, and it's really lightweight to wear. That'll spoil you for a watch this size.

The only caveat is the batteries last about 3 years or so, and they need to be replaced at an authorized service center. You "could" take it to the mall but then it wouldn't be certified for diving anymore. I drop mine off at a local jewelry store and they send it off to the service center. It takes a couple of weeks and costs $100 or so, but it comes back with all new seals, tested, adjusted, cleaned, calibrated and certified for diving. Worth the money IMHO.

I have the Citizen Eco-Drive Aqualand Titanium Watch Model BJ2060-58E. I don't use it for diving but the bezel is very stiff, sometimes with wet or oily hands I can't turn it at all. I've tried continually turning it to loosen it up but that has not worked. I think it's a nice watch but for the money I feel there are better watches for diving.

I have the same watch as miesemer (BJ2060-58E) and while the bezel can be a bit stiff, it is completely usable.

Here is an example of the watch I wear. link The watch can be purchased for less money, but this listing has some of the best pictures you will find of this model.

I love the watch, as I could not stand wearing a digital watch. I tried the Hyper Aqualand and it nearly drove me crazy. Being an old fashioned type, I much prefer simple analog watches to more complicated digital versions.

Back
Top Bottom