CHarter Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have dove with limestone charters(website of the same name)
out of Kingston and Underwhere? out of Brockville with great results

Just in case anyone hasn't visited it recently, the St. Lawrence Charter Assoc is doing a nice job of revamping their website.

http://www.stlawrencecharters.com

tcarr53 once bubbled...
Thanks for the information I will check out your recommendations, does anyone know if there is a dive shop in or near Pembroke I was there on the weekend and couldn't find any.

We do not have any dive shops in PEMBROKE at the moment , but you can checkout the Baracuda dive club here
http://www3.sympatico.ca/y_thibault/bsc/welcome.htm

:wave:

I would suggest in order

Above n Below www.abovenbelow.com though they are probably booked in full by now, but usually run 7 days a week

Under Where www.stlawrencecharters.com, newer but friendly

Most operators in the area are good, some are questionable but you asked for no dirt, let me know if you find out who I might be hinting at. All I will say is that they probably have the best boat but the worst service and you will wish you hadn't

Talk to Dan Humble for your answers at

Dive Tech out near Mallorytown, You can find it in the phone book. Not only is it the best shop available but you will get the most honest information from him.

Depending on what type of diving you want to do you might want to consider Wayne Green of 1000 islands pleasure diver

Ron Macdonald is also an option as one of the longest running operators in the islands. He also does wednesday night walk on's

Cheers and all the best

Last year I was new at this diving stuff, only 20 dives or so and no steady buddy to dive with . I phoned up lots of dive shops looking for charters in kingston and they were usually full, when I contacted Northern Tech Divers I was amazed at how helpful they were , it was no problem not having a buddy and even when the charters were full, They said come down anyhow , we always have shore dives you can do and people looking for buddies...The service I have recieved there has been honest and thorough , I did get out on several charters, Walter and Spike Jr. ,Harold and the Seaducer, and Wayne and the ashely dawn they were all excellent . Safety is always a prority as well as customer satisfaction. I would highly recomend Northern Tech Divers .....

http://www.northerntechdivers.com
:) =-) :wink: :D

bottles once bubbled...
I would suggest in order

Above n Below www.abovenbelow.com though they are probably booked in full by now, but usually run 7 days a week

Under Where www.stlawrencecharters.com, newer but friendly

Most operators in the area are good, some are questionable but you asked for no dirt, let me know if you find out who I might be hinting at. All I will say is that they probably have the best boat but the worst service and you will wish you hadn't

Your right that it is best not to spew dirt as it only drags a post down and then the mod's have to spend valuable time cleaning it up.

As to charter services I still recommend the following and have add Tom from Underwhere since my last post since I have met him in the past 2 weeks and seems like a decent guy and he is trying to work with all the other charter operators in the area.

So here we go again:

In the Brockville region I recommend in alphabetical order:

Above and Below Scuba Services

Abucs

Bottom Time

Divers Paradise

Sea n Sky Scuba

Under Pressure Dive Charters

Underwhere

indeco once bubbled...
Talk to Dan Humble for your answers at

Dive Tech out near Mallorytown, You can find it in the phone book. Not only is it the best shop available but you will get the most honest information from him.

Funny, I'm still waiting for him to call me back with the info on his Ice Diving course. Hopefully, I'll get an honest answer soon enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom