How do you attach your pony bottle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by Lost Yooper

I see this up here all the time. We have people come up here and dive a wreck called the Vienna (130'-150', temp - 40F at the wreck) in Superior. People think they can strap on a 80 and a 30cf pony and be all right. Sure, until something goes wrong down there. People get in trouble easily on that wreck. Thirty cubes isn't much at 100' and even less in an emergency.

An 80 and a 30cf on a 130'-150' wreck? *cough* Sounds like Darwinism in effect rather than an indictment against the 30cf pony.

Also, while 30cf "isn't much at 100'", it's better than nothing - no matter how you sling it.

Yeah, Darwinism about sums it up -- I like that. :thumb: It's when they rely on it for the dives I mentioned ("recreationally deep", really cold water wrecks) that Murphy can show his ugly head. Been there, seen it, and have personally bailed some out with my doubles.

Take care.

mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom