Dive Report 4-1-7 WBP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Headed up to Lanier at about 10am this morning, hoping to get a dive or two in before the forecasted thundershowers rolled in. Met up at mask cove with Allen (ScubaPT) who was standing there talking with Cliff who had just done a checkout dive with a student. So Allen and myself geared up and headed in.

The visibility was outstanding today, 20, maybe 25 ft. Best i've ever seen in the lake. We took a heading straight out of the cove, then ran into a bunch of newly ran lines. I have no idea what they were for, but there are several bright yellow lines now running along the bottom from 40-60ft, with gallon jugs tied off and floating a foot above the line in several places. What have you guys been up to?? :14:
Anyway, we followed the lines around, hit a max depth of 58 ft (where the water temperature was about 48*) and then headed back to about 30ft where we piddled around in some nice 52* water and played with buoyancy and launching empty bottles to the surface. Dive time was 38 minutes.

Good dive, enjoyed meeting you Allen.

DawgDiver:
...then ran into a bunch of newly ran lines. I have no idea what they were for, but there are several bright yellow lines now running along the bottom from 40-60ft, with gallon jugs tied off and floating a foot above the line in several places. What have you guys been up to?? :14:

I could tell you but then I would have to kill you...:bigun2:

Seriously, I don't know who ran the lines. Looking forward to diving up there early this comming Sat.

J:

So did you dive in your Corona shorts?:D

JKSteger:
I could tell you but then I would have to kill you...:bigun2:

Seriously, I don't know who ran the lines. Looking forward to diving up there early this comming Sat.

J:

What time you thinkin?? I might wanna meet you there.

Denise: The corona shorts would have been just a tad bit too cool for this dive. But just a little.

DawgDiver:
Denise: The corona shorts would have been just a tad bit too cool for this dive. But just a little.

Oh well, there's always Key Largo:D

I'm going to have to talk with Clif but I'm thinking about meeting there at 8:30 to 9:00 am. Wife has to work until noon so I can only do one dive. I need to make it back to the house by 1:00pm. Not sure but we may be diving "divers cove".

Still got 2000 psi in my doubles so that gives me plenty of gas to make a long dive.

J:

JKSteger:
I'm going to have to talk with Clif but I'm thinking about meeting there at 8:30 to 9:00 am. Wife has to work until noon so I can only do one dive. I need to make it back to the house by 1:00pm. Not sure but we may be diving "divers cove".

Still got 2000 psi in my doubles so that gives me plenty of gas to make a long dive.

J:

That would be perfect for me, I gotta be at work at 2pm, so if you guys head out I may join you. Haven't done divers cove yet either so that would be cool.

I will keep you updated. Even if Clif can't make it I'm looking forward to getting in a dive.

J:

Great dive Dawg. We will have to meet up again some time at the mudhole. It sure was nice getting back in the water after a too long dry spell.

I was surprised at the good viz especially with all the pollen floating on the surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom