Fiji Trip Report and Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Martha:
Wonderful trip report! My husband and I are going to Fiji next year for our 15th anniversary. We'll be going on the Nai'a Liveaboard, but we were thinking about staying at Wananavu for a few days prior to the liveaboard departure. Sounds like Wananavu is a great choice. I hope I don't run into any of those spiders. I would have nightmares, for sure. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great time and congrats on the anniversary. If you do choose to stay at Wananavu, you won't be disappointed.

Great trip report. My wife and I went to Qamea and Taveuni for our honeymoon a couple years ago and had a great time. The diving was fantastic. We dived with Swiss Fiji and Jewel Bubble Divers. Both were very good operators. I am surprised you were diving without a wetsuit. We were there in October and I was in a 3mm fullsuit and was a little chilled in the current.

One note on the excess baggage fee on the inter-island flights. Before we left, we were working like crazy trying to get the weight down until I did a little arithmetic and converted the $FJ/kg to $US/lb and realized how cheap it was. I wouldn't let fear of excess backage fees spoil a trip. Some people even packed their own weights!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom