Flatulation, can it occur with scuba?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisherdvm:
Can you insert a peevalve for your gas?? I wonder if you need adhesives? Then, can you use your peevalve for 2 different functions.... I mean, like if you put a Y on it, with a one way valve on both the inlets (to prevent backflow), you theoretically can use the same peevalve for 2 functions, right??

Is there a DIR directive on how this is done?
You shouldn't need a special valve for that - your dump valve should do the trick. besides, I shudder at the thought of how you would hook up the tube for this purpose.... :shocked:

Warren_L:
You shouldn't need a special valve for that - your dump valve should do the trick. besides, I shudder at the thought of how you would hook up the tube for this purpose.... :shocked:
Better make sure you have the KY

Please Guys,

Don't be afraid to fart underwater while scuba diving! Don't be afraid to burp underwater while scuba diving! And I've even been attacked by fish in a quarry because I ran out of Prevacid before a diving trip. There really is such a thing as acid reflux disease. I don't eat very much at all before I dive. Imagine your dive buddy having to fight the fish off of you while you both swim as fast away from your chum as you can. My buddy heard me screaming under the water that day. And we laughed so hard when we got away! I pray that never happens to me in the ocean. What creatures might attack I do not know! Just always please, please REMEMBER TO BREATHE AT THE SAME TIME! AND DON'T PANIC!

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

I heard it attracts sharks, is that true? Oh, that picture is harsh...forget about OOA, DCS, embolisms or a heart attack, my only real "diving fear" is exactly something like that happenning to me...LOL...

At least no one is denying it like they do in a "Pee in your wetsuit" thread! :rofl3:

I can't seem to burp underwater. Never could. At the pool I'd have to push my torso out of the water on the side of the pool if I needed to burp.

Oh- since we're refering to farting by the term flatulation, what term should I use for a good, old-fashioned belch?

I've been inflatuated many times, but I dive with some very beautiful women!

fisherdvm:
Can you insert a peevalve for your gas?? I wonder if you need adhesives? Then, can you use your peevalve for 2 different functions.... I mean, like if you put a Y on it, with a one way valve on both the inlets (to prevent backflow), you theoretically can use the same peevalve for 2 functions, right??

Is there a DIR directive on how this is done?

Hmmm....with a little practice you can use it for propulsion!:D

Just a heads up, guys . . .

FROM THE TOS

Language or material that, in context, depicts or describes (in terms patently offensive as measured by contemporary standards for the broadcast medium) sexual or excretory organs or activities is prohibited. The ScubaBoard staff foresees that this area may be the hardest to enforce as individuals may differ on their interpretation. Therefore our rule is to assume a standard equivalent to that of a professional working environment for a large corporate entity.

Let's not go there, OK?

The Kraken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom