Help!!! Questions!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess my problem to many of the new fangled gear is that many times they have an answer to a problem that doesn't exist. The lever bc is a change on an older design that failed to take the crowds by storm. The KISS principle is taking a strong lead in my gear purchsing decisions.

I dive an old SP5/Alpha 8 reg in class, $124. Works great, cheap, no bells, buttons or whistles.

SparticleBrane:
How many dives do you have?

How many dives do you have? Pool and bathtub don't count.

Maybe you should with-hold judgement (in all of your posts.) until you have done a few more spins around the block.

Divedoggie:
How many dives do you have? Pool and bathtub don't count.

Maybe you should with-hold judgement (in all of your posts.) until you have done a few more spins around the block.
Yes, perhaps you should take your own advice.

Thalassamania:
Yes, perhaps you should take your own advice.

I was certified in 1982 and had just over 300 dives before stepping away from the sport for 10 years. After taking the OW course again, and really getting excited about it, I have added close to 300 more logged dives.

Maybe 600 dives and being at least familiar with the sport for 25 years and becoming an Instructor isn't enough experience to compare to you, but its a tad more than Sparticlebrain's 40 dives.

A few of those 40 dives may be with the nice doubles rig that daddy bought. Which is nice.
But "helping out in the pool," without the credentials to help out, is no pass to be critical of someone who is expressing their excitement about pursuing con - ed.

Divedoggie:
Maybe 600 dives and being at least familiar with the sport for 25 years and becoming an Instructor isn't enough experience to compare to you, but its a tad more than Sparticlebrain's 40 dives.

A few of those 40 dives may be with the nice doubles rig that daddy bought. Which is nice.
But "helping out in the pool," without the credentials to help out, is no pass to be critical of someone who is expressing their excitement about pursuing con - ed.
Just because I don't put credentials and qualifications in my profile doesn't mean I don't have them. And yes I buy all my own gear, thanks. :shakehead

edit: If someone's advice is sound, does the breadth of experience or qualifications matter? A little humility goes a long way...

Divedoggie:
I was certified in 1982 and had just over 300 dives before stepping away from the sport for 10 years. After taking the OW course again, and really getting excited about it, I have added close to 300 more logged dives.

Wow! a whole 600 dives in 25 years! Ferris Buller, you're my hero. :shakehead

Divedoggie:

This has got to be the worst comment of this entire thread. Attacking someone (who has demonstrated a great understnading of this sport) becuase of what thier profile says? Hell, I can make my profile say that I'm the re-incarnation of Cousteau and that I live underwater at Wakulla springs. I think I have relegate all further comments from you to the dust-bin with all the other trash.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom