Parts for old conshelfs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a bunch of Conshelfs, 6 through 14's, Conshelf supremes, SE-2's etc. I guess I have dozens of them. They will never quit. I have an SE-2 I have never overhauled that I have been diving since 1987. I just want to see how long it takes for something needs to be fixed. Take care of them and they will last you forever. Add a cold water kit to the first stage and use it with a Conshelf 14 and it is an excellent cold water reg that is extremely hard to get to freeflow. Call Phil and get some kits.

I don't know why you can't find parts for them, the dive shop I teach and work for has been in business since 1959, I think we still have boxes of parts from back then. ask for 9000-01 first stage kits, and 9000-13 second stage kits. you should find most of what you need.

both shops i went to said they weren't "allowed" to sell to me...?

If I understand this correctly, looks like your regulators use the same parts as a current model. (At least the SE2 used the same parts as the Titan.)
So the issue then is not availability of parts, but whether dive shops will sell those parts to an individual. Very few shops in the US do.

fishmunger:
Well, i searched around, but wasn't able to find anyone who would sell me parts. I have 4 seconds and 2 1sts that I want to rebuild, but can't find the kits anywhere...i know some of you guys have gotta be rebuilding these old things?

Nate
Any aqualung dealer should have plenty of kits available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom