Wrinkles April '07 Dive, BBQ and Campout Planning Thread - Leo Carrillo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Come now hail fellows*, let us seize this day. We shall gather upon the fair beaches of our mother and enjoy the pleasures granted upon us by our mere extistance in this blissful and radiant land. Let us not be discouraged by the show of her might but celebrate it as we may. We gather not only to dive but to strengthen our bonds and sup together. I too hope that we shall be able to sally forth beneath her cold embrace; but should this not be possible, I will happily frolic upon her uplifting bosom and sink my feet into her shifting sands.

*& fellowettes
04.gif

headhunter:
Well...traditionally the Wrinkles Dives have become a time for people to get together whether or not the conditons were good enough to dive. It's a great time for people new to the community to come out and meet other people to dive with and it's always good to meet people that come in from out of town. Most of the time conditions have been good even if the predictions say anything to the contrary. Of course, sometimes the predictions come true.

The social aspect of having divers come together has become as central to this event as the diving.

On more than one occasion, I've made the trek to La Jolla only to find out the conditions were less than favorable. I've always been glad that I went because of the wonderful people that I've gotten to visit with.

For what it's worth, the high surf advisory that I just read was in effect until Friday 10pm PDT. The same report said that surf would begin to subside on Friday morning.

More often than not, I've shown up when people said it would be bad and had a great day of diving. Many of you have been with me when that happened. I've found that the best way to find out what it will be like is to show up.

I'll be there regardless of what the reports say. :crafty:

Christian

Jesster:
Come now hail fellows*, let us seize this day. We shall gather upon the fair beaches of our mother and enjoy the pleasures granted upon us by our mere extistance in this blissful and radiant land. Let us not be discouraged by the show of her might but celebrate it as we may. We gather not only to dive but to strengthen our bonds and sup together. I too hope that we shall be able to sally forth beneath her cold embrace; but should this not be possible, I will happily frolic upon her uplifting bosom and sink my feet into her shifting sands.

*& fellowettes
04.gif
No one told me there would be bosom frolicking! I'm SO there...

Oh we of little faith!

Yes, I feel a bit shamed for bailing so quickly...

Okay, I just spoke to hubby, and we're going to be there. We're even going to bring our gear, just in case. (One reason we'd decided to bail is because we don't own our own tanks yet, and we've already TWICE rented tanks, only to get down there and call the dive, and Charlie really hates throwing money away. :wink:) But we'll do it anyway...you never know.

Christian, you should be a writer...or a motivational speaker! You hit the right note! :D I look forward to seeing you tomorrow. And maybe we'll get lucky and be able to get underwater after all! Either way, y'all will get to experience my famous potato salad...

LA, if you want, I can throw in my extra tank, if an HP100 works for you.

I won't be there until later in the day, though (if I make it... depends on stuff at home).

Kalani that's a kind offer! But we're going to need tanks for both of us, if we can go...so I'll head over to Sport Chalet a bit later and pick a couple tanks up. I hope you come by!

Hear Hear.

I might get there early, but with my sleep habits and a late gig tonight I'll probably show up around 10 or 11.

See everyone tomorrow!

Hey Leeanne, i'll thro two xtra steel 72's in the truck.

p.s. most of the cam's are showing pretty calm seas.

Jesster:
Hey Leeanne, i'll thro two xtra steel 72's in the truck.

p.s. most of the cam's are showing pretty calm seas.
REALLY? Wow, that's awesome of you! Okay, well then I won't bother going over to Sports Chalet...thanks for saving me the money, and the time! What time do you plan on showing up? We're still working that out...we're trying to get our teenagers to come with us, but they're whining about getting up early while it's still Spring Break. We might not get there till about ten.

Oh, and I checked out Wavecast -- it's definitely come down! I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

THANKS SO MUCH for bringing the tanks for us! Charlie was kinda grousing about renting them when we don't know for sure if we'll get to use them.

no problem, i'm gettin there early with christian. high tide is about 7:45.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom