Scuba Diving's Snipe Hunting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CenTexDivin:
We used to send people out for a squeegie sharpener (kinda like a wiper blade sharpener, only longer), have them empty the hot water out of the coffee machine (that is hooked up directly to the water heater), and make up new utensils (I need a left handed steak fork on the fly).

I guess in Scuba, you can always attach twice as much gear with your stainless steel double D-rings, lessen entanglement hazards with hoseless regulators, make sure your harness always holds together with Spyder webbing, maintain dexterity with fingerless diving gloves, and make breathing easier with high flow ported exhaust valves.

Wedid the hot water thing at Chick-fil-a. We also sent them to rotate the ice or mop the freezer.

In the Marine Corps, we sent new PFCs to get the HMMWV keys.

HMMWVs don't have keys.

ClayJar:
Double D-rings? Yep (small under large). Hoseless regulators? Check (H2Odyssey, Zeagle, etc.). Fingerless diving gloves? Indeed (the better to feel the line from your reel, apparently).

You know, the problem with this is too many of the diving things *exist*. :D

I know, I was going to start selling left handed EMS shears on eBay, but instead I'm thinking about marketing a new E.G.O. inflators for new BCs.

Stephi:
I'm afraid I was a victim of a snipe hunt this weekend. You simply must see the sunken ship at Troy Springs in Florida.:rofl3:

There really IS a sunken wreck at Troy Springs. Not much left of her but it's a clearly defined wreck in the shallows. I would have loved the opportunity to brush away some of the muck and see how much of the wreck remains buried.

It can't be a snipe if finding it isn't a "wild goose chase" :D
Ber :lilbunny:

A Snipe is any of nearly 20 very similar wading bird species characterised by a very long slender bill and cryptic plumage. Snipe in the family Scolopacidae belong either to the small genera Coenocorypha (the New Zealand snipes) and Lymnocryptes, or to the about 15 typical snipes in the genus Gallinago. The latter are the closest relatives of the woodcocks , whereas the small genera represent earlier divergences in the snipe/woodcock clade (Thomas et al., 2004). The three species of Painted Snipe are not closely related to these, and are placed in their own family, the Rostratulidae.

So... does anybody know the name of the guy who acutally took ALL of the PADI courses out there and is the only known recipient of the "Ultimate Diver" Patch that they issue for anybody who does complete their entire course of instruction? I heard that when they give it out it comes sewn on a blue blazer... kind of like the 'Green Jacket' they give to folks who win "The Masters" golf tourney...

J.R.:
So... does anybody know the name of the guy who acutally took ALL of the PADI courses out there and is the only known recipient of the "Ultimate Diver" Patch that they issue for anybody who does complete their entire course of instruction? I heard that when they give it out it comes sewn on a blue blazer... kind of like the 'Green Jacket' they give to folks who win "The Masters" golf tourney...
Which, of course, is where the famous quote, "What the blue blazers is *that*?!?" came from. :D

ClayJar:
Which, of course, is where the famous quote, "What the blue blazers is *that*?!?" came from. :D

Not to mention, "... blazering a trail..." :rofl3: :rofl3:

Back when I was in the Army and we were pulling maintenance on the tanks, it was stuff like:

"Go get a can of radio squelch."

"No, I need the left handed spannner wrench."

"That hammer is used only on the right track blocks. Where did you put the one for the left track?"

"You can only turn the turret four full rotations to the left or it will unscrew."

I'm afraid I was a victim of a snipe hunt this weekend. You simply must see the sunken ship at Troy Springs in Florida.
The best Florida one has to be the "Manatees" joke. I always feel bad when kids come down and want to see them though, "Just keep looking Johnny, I'm sure you'll see one eventually."

Wait now...there are actually Manatees. I guess I don't know the joke. But the sunken ship at Troy...I actually had sugarplums dacing in my head waiting to see that. I know there is one and I saw it...it just wasn't quite what I had expected. Totally my fault for letting my imagination run away with me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom